Tags: Collapsing Tag Categories / Sub-Categories

55208wcgk
55208wcgk
Community Member

Hello. Could someone tell me how to collapse Tag Categories & Sub-Categories in 1P for Windows v8 like you could in v7? If this cannot be done - can't believe it can't - how can I revert back to v7? Thanks

1Password Version: 8.7..1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro

Comments

• sspaus
    sspaus
    Community Member

Just click the arrow (see attached)

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

You can show/hide the whole tags hierarchy, but you cannot collapse/expand individual tag nodes. It's just a large indented list.
    It's like this since release of the earliest early access versions of v8, so I assume this is how it is intended to work and different handling is not planned. It's one of the (not many, but existing) flaws I see in the v8 clients.

• 55208wcgk
    55208wcgk
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick replies. I do see how to expand/collapse the Tag hierarchy but not having the ability to do so at the individual Tag level is a deal killer for me. Can anyone explain the logic or know if that's being worked on? If not, is it possible to dump v8 & reinstall v7? Thanks again.

• Hi @55208wcgk. Thanks @sspaus and @Tertius3 for your help here.

1Password 8 is a new app that was built from the ground up. We're continuing to work on and make improvements to features like Tags. I've included your feedback in the request tracker so the team is aware that you'd like to see improvements here.

If you'd prefer, it is possible to uninstall version 8 and revert to 1Password 7 for Windows, while we continue to work on features such as this.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know and we'd be happy to help. Thank you!

ref: IDEA-I-769

• paolodona
    paolodona
    Community Member

I just wanted to add to this thread as well, I no longer see the list of categories in the sidebar in v8. This is very inconvenient as I can no longer access easily Credit Cards, bank accounts etc. I am not talking about Tags, I am talking about Categories.
    I hope you revise your decision as v8 is worse than v7 due to this omission.

• PeterG_1P
    edited July 2022

HI @Paolodona, thank you for this feedback. Categories are no longer shown in the sidebar by default in 1Password 8, which was part of a general effort to streamline the visual presentation of the app. However, you still have options!

1. You can access Categories using the button at the top of your list of items. It should say All Categories by default, but you can also click it to choose just logins, just credit cards, documents, and so on.
    2. There is also an option to place Categories permanently in the sidebar, a la 1Password 7, as well. To do this, go to ⋮ > Settings > Appearance and check the box next to Categories.

I hope this is helpful - let me know if these suggestions meet your needs!

This discussion has been closed.