Localization issue in 1Password for Safari 2.3.3

Hi,

I found a localization issue in French in 1Password for Safari 2.3.3.
In the UI, there is a command to rate 1Password (in the App Store).
In French. it's localized as « Évaluer 1Password » (which somehow translates into "Test 1Password" or "1Password trial"). It should probably be « Mettre une note à 1Password » or something of the sort.
I search on Crowdin, but it looks like the string is not present in the v7 or v8 strings for 1Password itself. Is 1Password for Safari a separate localization project @Aggie_1P ??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

I found another one:

The term Ignore is not localized.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Another one:

The unbreakable space is missing before the colons (mandatory in French).

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

I see that 2.3.5 just came out :-)
    The first two issues were corrected in the new build!! The last one remains though.
    I also saw some cropped strings in the buttons of the notification about what's new in the new build, but I didn't immediately take a capture and now they won't show up again for me :-)

Corentin

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @cortig,
    Happy Monday!
    You're correct, we have a separate project on CrowdIn that handles strings specific to the browser extensions. I've messaged you on CrowdIn to get you set up.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Perfect! Thanks!

I'll go through the strings there to add the comments wherever relevant. Although the UI cropping the strings remains a problem outside of the Crowdin scope…

Thanks @Aggie_1P !!

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni

Thank you so much for all your help @cortig and yes, our team is aware of the cropping issue - we're currently working on a fix for this!🙂

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Well… It looks like “modifié” and “créé” re not in the project either… I wonder where the strings are coming from…

Corentin

This discussion has been closed.