Custom icons not always shown in Brave browser

I'm just trying out Brave browser in stable release v1.39.111 (May 24, 2022) together with the 1Password extension beta build v2.3.7.

I recognize that my custom icons often are not shown in the inline popup. For example, on 1Password Support Community...

Clicking the extension icon in the top shows my custom icon.

In Vivaldi stable release v5.2.2623.48 my custom icons are shown in the inline popup.

In both browsers, the setting Show app and website icons is disabled. But it doesn't matter if it's enabled in Brave browser.

What could be the problem here? How can I fix this behavior? Any idea? πŸ€”

1Password Version: 8.8.0-104 beta
Extension Version: 2.3.7 beta
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @DenalB:

I just noticed this on my end, so I've added you (as well as myself) to an issue we have tracking this.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15644

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, @Jack.P_1P ! Hope you get it fixed. πŸ‘Œ

• Jack.P_1P
    edited June 2022

Hey @DenalB:

Are you still seeing this occur with your custom icons? I'm noticing today that I'm no longer seeing the monogram icon on my custom icons on the inline menu.

Jack

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Jack.P_1P !

My extension was updated to v2.3.8 beta build. But the issue still exists in Brave... This seems to be very strange...

Inline popup:

Clicking the extension icon:

Inline popup:

Inline popup:

Do you see what I mean? There seems to be no pattern... Strange thing... πŸ€”

But all of these situations show my custom icons in Vivaldi browser, no matter if I try the inline popup or click the browser extension icon. πŸ˜•

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Jack.P_1P !

You know what? Just updated 1Password for Windows to 8.8.0-126 beta and all my custom icons are shown now in Brave browser!

Looks like the latest beta build for Windows fixed something in the browser extension... πŸ€”

I'll make some tests and look if it really works now... Stay tuned. πŸ˜‰

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Ok... Tested on some websites, and it still doesn't work... πŸ˜•

• Hey @DenalB:

Thanks for following up on this. Just as a quick confirmation, do you have cross site cookies blocked in brave://settings/shields? Let me know!

Jack

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi again @Jack.P_1P !

I think, that's it!

Only Cross-Site cookies were blocked! I disabled the setting completely, and it seems to work now.

Let's see what the next days will bring and if it really works. πŸ˜‰

Thanks a lot for helping! πŸ‘

• Hey @DenalB:

Glad to hear that sorted it out for you! 😁 You're very welcome!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.