"Fill in Browser" option fails

jackbrannen
jackbrannen
Community Member

Previously, if I hit the shortcut (⌘) in my browser when 1Password was locked, it would activate and give me the option to unlock. This has suddenly stopped working.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @jackbrannen:

Can you let me know which browser you're using? Also, can you check the following setting for the browser extension?

1. Open a browser window.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon located in the browser's toolbar, and select Settings.
    3. For the shortcut, "Open with Shortcut", what is it currently set to?

I look forward to your reply.

Alvin

• jackbrannen
    jackbrannen
    Community Member

Hey Alvin, thanks.

Safari 15.4

I don't have a Shorcuts area under Settings:

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Hi @jackbrannen,

I have the same setup as you and get the same behavior as you show in your screen shot.

I could be wrong, but I think the setting to do what you want is in 1Password > Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcuts > Show 1Password.

By the way, that preference is blank for me, but if I am in Safari and 1Password is locked, pressing Shift-Command-X lets me unlock 1Password with Touch ID and opens the browser extension window ("pop-up").

Or, pressing Shift-Command-Space also lets me unlock 1Password with Touch ID and opens Quick Access.

David

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Additional:

In order for Shift-Command-X to work as described in my previous message, a browser window must first be open. (Not necessary for Shift-Command-Space though.)

David

• Thanks so much for your help @DavidB!

Are you able to unlock the Safari browser extension by pressing the keyboard shortcut, Shift -Command - X @jackbrannen ?

• jackbrannen
    jackbrannen
    Community Member

@Alvin.L_1P Yes, that works. Where should I have seen that shortcut? It's not in my 1PW preferences.

Also feedback from a UX perspective. If a user tries to the fill command and 1PW is locked, it seems obvious that it should ask if the user wants to unlock. Not simply do nothing.

• Hey @jackbrannen:

⌘+Shift+X is a default shortcut for 1Password for Safari and isn't configurable anywhere at the moment. Just to confirm, you're pressing ⌘+\ and aren't prompted to unlock 1Password? Let me know!

Jack

• jackbrannen
    jackbrannen
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Yes, that's correct. ⌘\ does nothing when 1PW is locked.

• jackbrannen
    jackbrannen
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Any follow up on this? Thanks

• Hey @jackbrannen:

As a quick question, do you have "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" enabled in Preferences for 1Password? It's in the General section.

If that setting is disabled, 1Password 8 for Mac quits fully when you use ⌘+Q or 1Password > Quit from the menu bar. This would result in the autofill shortcut not working until you launch 1Password again from your Dock or the Applications folder.

Let me know, and I can take a closer look.

Jack

• jackbrannen
    jackbrannen
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P I have it disabled. I'll check to see whether 1Password is running or not when this issue happens. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.