[BUG] "find" doesn't work when a previous "research" returned no result

Options
ArnaudL
ArnaudL
Community Member

I recently updated to 8.7.1 and figure out an issue.
Step to reproduce:
1) Search for "string" with research bar and get the message "0 results for "string"
2) Use "CTRL + ALT + f" for the find feature
3) Any research using find will failed, as soon as the message "0 results for "string" isn't closed first

I had to close the find bar, then close the small "0 results for "string" to make the find function works again.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @ArnaudL, thanks for reaching out. The Ctrl + Alt + F find feature searches the current list only rather than all items in the account. After searching for a string in the regular search bar which doesn't yield any results, there won't be any item list present to search with using Ctrl + Alt + F. With that said, the behaviour you described would be expected.

The best way to utilize the find feature would be to select an item list (for instance, All Items, Favorites, a specific vault or tag) before or after typing a string in the find search bar. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Ali

• ArnaudL
    ArnaudL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ali.hazime, thanks for the explanation.
    I find this behavior a bit odd (having to "click" to close an none result field).
    But you can close/marked this ticket as closed then if it's intended.

• Good morning @ArnaudL, thanks for your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.