1P8 -- "never suggest in browser" feature missing?

Options
fishbert
fishbert
Community Member

Just installed 1P8 last night, and I'm getting rather frustrated that "never suggest in browser" does not appear to be supported anymore. I made extensive use of this feature in 1P7 to hide infrequent/secondary logins from my day-to-day password filling experience, and now they're all right there cluttering up the autofill suggestions list, waiting for me to select them accidentally.

Is the "never suggest in browser" feature dead, or will it make a quick return in a future update? (please say the 2nd one 🀞)

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• norysang
    norysang
    Community Member
    Options

I am also missing this feature. I thought about putting all the affected logins into a separate vault and unchecking it in my browser extension, however bringing back the original functionality would be a lot more convenient. Looking forward to hearing your plans on this or if I'm simply missing something and the feature's actually still present in v8.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@fishbert @norysang

The feature is not in 1Password 8 or 1Password in the browser. I would be happy to pass on your desire to see its return. Thanks for letting me know this matters to you. I can't make any promises, but I can certainly advocate on your behalf.

I thought about putting all the affected logins into a separate vault and unchecking it in my browser extension

This would likely be the best option as far as a workaround goes.

ref: IDEA-I-281

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1 for me. I miss this feature.

• ag_tommy
    Options

πŸ‘ dserodio

• jfolger
    jfolger
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh. I manage tons of accounts (like a lot of people I'm sure). I have probably 20 google accounts, 10 Apple accounts, etc. Perplexing that someone thought it a good idea to make you look through 20 accounts when you get a browser suggestion. Add my vote, please.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jfolger

Thank you for the feedback. I've added your vote to the feature request as well. πŸ™‚

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

one more vote in favour

• skatch
    skatch
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for bringing this feature back. My use case: I store a bunch of credit card details in 1Password. But I hide several of them from showing in the browser because I never want them to appear as autofill options when I'm paying for something online.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Gilles9 and @skatch

Thank you for the feedback, I've added both of your votes to the feature request. 😊

• bietzerburger
    bietzerburger
    Community Member
    Options

That was one of my favorite features. Please bring this back! <3

• pots
    pots
    Community Member
    Options

Adding another +1 here. We need this feature brought back asap, as it was one of the only ways of making the browser suggestions manageable. As others have pointed out, for some sites, we have 10+ logins, but many of them don't need to appear in the browser, nor in Quick Access.

1Password in the Browser and Quick Access are nearly unusable without this, as every single matching record shows now. Hopefully the metadata for whether to suggest or not is still available in each record, even though the feature is not currently exposed. Please update as quickly as possible to bring this back. Thank you!

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Suggest you all read the recently posted statement and workaround here.

• Thank you for linking that post, @williakz.

• nycyclist
    nycyclist
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Added, @nycyclist!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know this is important to you. πŸ™‚

ref: IDEA-I-281

• mburnett
    mburnett
    Community Member
    Options

+1

Another feature removed for the same subscription price…

• ricsto
    ricsto
    Community Member
    Options

Frustrating. +1 from me.
    For various operational reasons I've a number of user accounts on the same URL. There's only 1 account that I'd want 1password to fill so all the others in 1p7 were set to "do not suggest". Just updated to 1p8 and here I am. The workaround mentioned in a link above is not practical.
    Each time I try moving to 1p8 I keep going back to 7.
    1: IoS went back to 1p7 after the app insisted I enter the password frequently. Appreciate that is insistence is now gone.
    2: Can't disable suggest.

Really frustrating design decisions being made. I'll be back on 7 across all my platforms now and re-evaluate at renewal time. Not happy about having odd design choices imposed on me without any other reason except, that feature wasn't migrated.

• ginmn
    ginmn
    Community Member
    Options

as a team manager the loss of this feature is very frustrating. please bring this back

• derekclair
    derekclair
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on bringing this feature back.
    I never realized the extent to which I had "tuned" my Vaults, but as it turns out, this was/is a feature that I depended on significantly, PLEASE!

• Thank you for the feedback, I've added everyone's votes to the open feature request. πŸ™‚

In the meantime, for anyone new to the thread, you can prevent 1Password in the browser from filling certain items by doing one of the following:

1. You can archive the items. You can archive an item by right-clicking on the item in 1Password 8 and then clicking "Archive". Archived items are not suggested in the browser.
    2. You can move the items to a separate vault and then de-select that vault in the browser: Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser, click Settings, click Accounts & Vaults in the sidebar, uncheck the vault whose items you don't wish to see suggested in the browser.

-Dave

• kayntheduck
    kayntheduck
    Community Member
    Options

This is an absolutely required feature. As someone that manages a large number of logins for a team, this feature was the best way for me to prevent other team members from accidentally signing in to accounts using the wrong credentials.

• @kayntheduck

I've passed along your feedback to the product team. Thank you! πŸ™‚

-Dave

• ricsto
    ricsto
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Moved to 1P8 a while back but this issue "do not suggest in browser" and being prompted for a password frequently (with no option to opt out) forced me to revert back to 1P7. As far as I'm aware I do now have the option to disable the insistence on entering my password every couple of weeks or so, which is good but is this issue fixed and can I now set the option to never suggest in browser? Thanks

• @ricsto

This feature is now available in the Beta of 1Password 8, and looks like this:

If you'd like to give it a try, follow the steps shown here to switch 1Password 8 to the Beta channel: Use 1Password beta releases. Let me know how you get on with it. I'll be here if you have any questions or need any help. :)

β€” Grey

• ricsto
    ricsto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply @GreyM1P . Based on the screenshot the options look good. Glad to know it's on it's way. I'll hold back on the beta as IT policy on work Mac is a bit rigid WRT betas. I look forward to the release but will stay on 7 for the moment.

• @ricsto

We look forward to getting this feature into your hands. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.