Open personal vault onto Favorites, not onto Suggestions, which seems to be the default in v8.7

Options
hiho_silver
hiho_silver
Community Member

I cannot find the Preference to open my vault onto Favorites, whereas Suggestions seems to be the default. This preference was selectable in v7, whereas I cannot find it in v8.

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:how to open personal vault with Favorites, not Suggestions in v8.7

Comments

• Hi @hiho_silver,

The option to open 1Password to view favourites or suggestions is a setting that is unique to the 1Password extension. The classic extension relied on 1Password 7 to function, so the settings for it could be found in 1Password 7 itself. (1Password 7 > Preferences > Mini). 1Password 8 works with the newest version of our extension, 1Password in the browser. This version can work independently of 1Password 8, so all of the related settings have been moved to the extension itself.

You can locate them by following these steps:

1. Open your web browser
    2. Right-click on the 1Password extension and select Settings
      • A new tab should open
    3. Under the heading General, locate the Open 1Password to setting. This is where you can choose for 1Password in the browser to open showing your favourites.

I've included a screenshot for reference below:

Note: this screenshot shows Safari, but the steps are the same for any browser that supports 1Password in the browser.

I hope that helps. 🙂

Alex

This discussion has been closed.