Shortcut interferes with Google Docs functionality

The shortcut cmd-shift-x is used in 2.3.3 of the safari plug-in to pop down the 1password window.

This is the same shortcut used by Google Docs to strikethrough text. It's so disruptive to working quickly with Google Docs I'm basically forced to remove the browser plugin.

Can you please address this or tell me how to change/disable the shortcut?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Monterey 12.3.1 (21E258)

Comments

• brebre
    brebre
    Community Member

I fixed this in Chrome. (This probably isn't going to help you since you're a Safari user, but pasting here in case it's helpful for Chrome folks.)

1 - Install 1Password 8 for Mac.
    2 - In Chrome, go to a login page. Press CMD+\
    3 - When prompted, enable the Privacy options to allow that shortcut to access accessibility features on your mac.
    4 - In Chrome, go to chrome://extensions/shortcuts
    5 - Edit the "Activate the extension" and make it blank.
    6 - From now on, use CMD+\ to fill forms.

• Chipito
    Chipito
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Just came here to make this same complaint! I use that shortcut ALL THE TIME in google docs so this is really annoying especially since it wasn't an issue with previous versions of 1password. Can we at least make it customizable (i use safari). I don't even see this as a listed shortcut in the 1password safari extension settings or in the main app settings.

• Hi @Chipito / @rizler:

Thanks for your feedback on this. As it currently stands, it isn't possible to customize this shortcut in 1Password for Safari, so I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#8796

• Chipito
    Chipito
    Community Member

Thanks, @Jack.P_1P

• pdokas
    pdokas
    Community Member

Indeed, this is maddening. And it can't be changed! And it's not listed anywhere in the settings for either the app OR the extension's settings.

• pdokas
    pdokas
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

(Sorry, double posted due to a content blocker making it seem like this wasn't working.)

• pdokas
    pdokas
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

(🤦‍♂️)

• Hey @pdokas:

Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll add you to the issue I've referenced above.

Jack

• pdokas
    pdokas
    Community Member

Any chance the shortcut will be changed sometime? Or opened up for customizability?

• boyprophet
    boyprophet
    Community Member

Reupping this request to let us change the shift-cmd-X shortcut in the extension for Safari. I'm a Mac user who needs that shortcut code to strikethru text in Google Docs, a function I would use every day. It opens the 1Password extension instead, a function I don't need at all since it's right there in my taskbar. Please let us customize the extension shortcuts or disable this one altogether.

• JesseAlejandro
    JesseAlejandro
    Community Member

This is killing me. I use Safari and work in Google Docs everyday. I'm going to have to uninstall the plugin from Safari. Please fix this.

• Chipito
    Chipito
    Community Member

Yeah I've had to use 1P without that plugin since June now because of this...now for me it's whatever comes first, 1P fixing this or passkeys changing my password routine.

This discussion has been closed.