1P - 8.7.1 How to stayed signed in to multiple vaults (accounts)

Options
aplnub
aplnub
Community Member

I have two accounts with 1Password. My personal family account and my Work account. Previous versions of 1P unlocked my Work account every time I unlocked 1P. On my Phone this just works. On my home computer, this just works. On my work computer, the Work account has to be unlocked each time I unlock 1P. It just opens my personal account.

Is there a setting I am missing that will force 1P to unlock my Work account when unlocking 1P?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• Hey @aplnub:

Thanks so much for asking about this. This is intended behaviour. We recommend using the same account password across all of your 1Password accounts. As you've noticed, 1Password 7 will unlock all accounts using the password of the first 1Password account added to the app, but 1Password 8 will unlock any 1Password accounts that use that specific password. For more details on why this was changed and implemented this way, there's a few posts here that will clarify further than I can here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/608291/#Comment_608291

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.