Feature Request: Archiving Vaults

I know this will make heads explode, given the earlier threads when Archive was launched. But, it would be helpful and tidy, if you could also archive vaults.

For instance:
I have vaults for various immediate family members, who are prone to not remembering passwords, but then want me to help them fix problems on their computers or networks when I visit. (Oh the fun!) I get that you can functionally 'hide' the vaults by using collections. But I still end up inadvertently seeing them in the UI, even though 99.9999% of the time I could care less about them. I would far prefer obfuscating them even more, when I don't need them, by burying them in the Archive so I don't have to see them or have them returned in search results so readily...or Watchtower results, since they are generally crappy quality passwords. Then when I'm someplace I need it, I can move the vault out to where it's more readily available and searchable.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• tomkunzlv
    tomkunzlv
    Community Member

I too would like to see a way to archive a vault so that it is not seen in the UI except a place were we would unarchive the vault. In working to remediate watchtower alerts, I don't want to see these accounts added to it. I use the web version as well as the iphone version and keep a separate vault for old jobs and such and could go years before needing to reference something in an old vault.

• mikesilva
    mikesilva
    Community Member

Yes, I have similar 'old project' vaults as well, and that's another good example use case.

I will say that since I wrote my original request, the ability to ignore Watch Tower alerts for various crappy passwords belonging to other family/clients, has alleviated some of the pain.

• Lilx
    Lilx
    Community Member

+1

• akozhin
    akozhin
    Community Member

Agree; a much-desired function... I use separate Vaults for workplaces, and when you quit it makes sense to archive the whole Vault as you hopefully won't need at anymore but you're not comfortable deleting it all :)

• Hi folks, my apologies that I'm late to this thread.

I have filed a feature request for this on your behalf, and added individual votes for everyone who has posted here. Thanks for letting us know why this would be useful for you - and for helping us make the app even better! 😃

ref: IDEA-I-1168

This discussion has been closed.