Fresh install of Production version can’t complete launch on a machine which previously ran beta 8.8

I wanted to revert to the production version of 1Password on my MacBook. I deleted the 8.8 beta. I downloaded the production version from the agilebits website. The production version will not launch completely. It puts up a notice. The notice says that a more recent version has already been run on this machine. Is there another way to download 8.8 which does not require launching the production version?

Edit: I have access to multiple Macs. I have admin privileges. I can create new users; could I create a new user, then install production 1Password in that Users personal application directly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 12

Comments

• Hello @BetweenTwoParks, thanks for this question. I'm sorry to learn you've run into that installation issue. Let's get this fixed up for you!

Before getting started, I'd recommend making a copy of your Emergency Kit so that you always have access to your 1Password data while sorting this issue out (and you'll need it at the end of the steps I'll describe below, too).

Here's how you can resolve the error:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the menu bar (if it's there) and click Quit.
    2. Open Finder, and click the Go menu, then Go to Folder...
    3. In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

and press Return.

1. You'll see a folder called Data – right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".
    2. Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    3. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password 8. You'll be taken through the first setup process. Fill in the sign-in details with the information contained in your Emergency Kit.

And if for any reason this doesn't resolve the issue for you, let us know and we'll help. We're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.