Can't use Command-Alt-\ to invoke 1Password in browser or Quick Access

Options
edwardloveall
edwardloveall
Community Member

Hello! I am trying to use a shortcut I used for 1password 7 with 1password 8 and I'm unable to. The shortcut is Command-Option-\ (backslash) AKA Command-Alt-\ AKA \. Here's a video of this showing the keys I'm pressing and how the browser and 1Password app are responding, respectively.

Things I've tried:

I've looked in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts and while I do have custom shortcuts there, none of them are mapped to \ (I did find one in mapped to that in Accessibility shortcuts but I removed it and the problem is the same).

I also Downloaded ShortcutDetective from here. It told me that AXVisualSupportAgent was the process that was capturing that shortcut. From what I can find, it's related to accessibility, but I can't figure out how to get more specific than that.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@edwardloveall

One thing that comes to mind based on another users report is screen zooming or smoothing. Can you check those? I'm not sure if that is the one you removed.

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy. I unchecked that and the commands still don't register in the app or browser.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Now you have me curious. Are you an Alfred user? If so, this may help, though your description does not fit perfectly. Perhaps it's a combination of all of the above. It's an old post but I have still found users encountering this behavior.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/110582/#Comment_110582

Are you using a non US keyboard mapping?

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting! I am an Alfred user! Looking around briefly I can't find that exact preference (there's no Actions tab) but I'll keep looking around. Also, yes I am using a US keyboard mapping.

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member
    Options

I think I found where that preference has migrated to:

But as you can see, it's not set. I'll continue to scour the Alfred prefs.

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member
    Options

Here's what I can find so far that seems related on first glance:

• My clipboard history uses \ (without ).
    • I'm not using the 1Password integration
    • In the snippets section (I don't use any snippets), I see the message 1Password seems to be preventing text expansion by locking secure entry

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

For whatever reason, I tried this just now and got it to work. I have no idea why it wasn't before. Maybe I had some app open that was blocking it. Thanks for the help 🙂

• Hi @edwardloveall, great to hear that things are now working as expected. If you do notice the issue return (and especially if you notice what might have triggered it) do let us know - we want to make sure your experience is as reliable as possible. 👍

This discussion has been closed.