Hide records from Quick Access and/or browser plugins

Options
Jablair
Jablair
Community Member

If I remember correctly (…and that always an open question), 1Password 7 had the ability to exclude records from the 1Password Mini.

Does that capability exist with Quick Access and/or the browser plugins in 1Password 8? I have records in 1Password that I occasionally need, but the vast majority of the time don't care about. Alternative logins for some sites that I sometimes need for work. Identity records for family members that I keep for reference but never want to autofill. That sort of thing.

Right now, they just get in the way.

1Password Version: 8.7.9
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@Jablair

Yes, you remember correctly.

It does not exist in 1Password 8. We do have a feature request that I'll happily add your voice to. I can't speak on when or if this will become an option. My best workaround would be to work with collections.

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• This is how I envision it. Setup a collection and then set Quick Access to use only that collection. You might need to create an additional vault and then place some items in that vault which would not be part of Quick Access. To set Quick Access this way click the icon on the right-hand side and then select the collection to use.
  • Jablair
    Jablair
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks for the tip.

For anybody else who stumbles upon this, the browser plugs let you select which vaults should be included - I disabled access to the infrequent item vault I created.

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

@Jablair

Thank you for sharing the tip as well! 😊

• kernelPan1c
    kernelPan1c
    Community Member
    Options

@Jablair I can't find an existing feature request but would like to add my vote/ voice as well.

I suppose I'll use the workaround for now.

• Thank you @kernelPan1c, we appreciate your input on this. 🙏

This discussion has been closed.