position of vault names

Options
HelenBubz
HelenBubz
Community Member

I've recently upgraded to 1pw8 and only just found where you have put the names of the vaults. Below the categories, which, to me, is daft.

When one adds another type of info it pushes the list one longer. I don't have a super large monitor which means I can't stretch displays downwards until I have the entire top-to-bottom length anyhow, but to position the vault names below the list of used categories makes life even more contrary than it needs to be. I don't want to roll up/down the list of category names just to get at the vaults, archive and recently deleted.

PS I want the total numbers per category used reinstated and the old Apple Application icon reinstated - and before you say "change the icon" I've 47 records in Software Licences at this moment in time.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@HelenBubz

What icons are you referring to? 1Password or those in the Software section? You can see the total number now with a click or so. A few users have put forth they would prefer the older method. I will be happy to add your voice there.

You should not need to increase the window size as the section is scrollable. Do you not see that behavior?

ref: IDEA-I-797

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    Options

having a list that I don't have to scroll through is physically a whole lot easier for me @ag_tommy as I have dexterity problems.

• Hi @HelenBubz, thank you for letting us know, and we can appreciate that concern. The Categories arrow is collapsible so that you don't have to scroll through that space: is that useful for your purposes?

I have put in a vote on your behalf for the ability to change vault positioning, as well. Thanks for helping us understand your use case.

ref: IDEA-I-1079

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

hi @PeterG_1P

Now 1Password 7 is resisting opening any site, I have to rely on my history to arrive at any given website because the Open and Fill doesn't do anything at all. Interestingly I've just opened 1Password 7 on my tablet and I had no problems at all. I hadn't installed 1Password 8, and I am sincerely wondering wether it is a conflict between 7 and 8.

I uninstalled both 7 and 8, and then went to Finder>Go>Library and after typing "1pa" into the search box I was given any number of items that I don't know what I'm looking at. What do I do???

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    Options

hi @PeterG_1P
    Now this is what I did after leaving the message above this one: I took everything out of Library and did a delete forever. I assumed that this would clear whatever was making 1Password 7 &/or 1Password 8 behave the way that they have been doing:-

• not auto-fill,
    • not load the page
    • not copy properly

So I installed 1Password 7 this morning.

That was a partial success - it will load the page but not fill anything in.
    _ PLEASE _ will you reply and tell me what you think is going on, because as far as I am concerned this is a VERY BIG BUG.

I thought that by removing every file that began with ' 1Pass ' I was removing all trace of 1Password 8 and 1Password 7 would work properly. IT IS NOT and I'm getting disillusioned with the help I'm getting.

• Hi @HelenBubz I'm sorry to learn of this issue. I agree that this sounds very much like a bug (and potentially something prompted by a conflict between 1Password 7 and 8), so we'll definitely help get that sorted for you.

In order to proceed most effectively, I'd recommend sending us a short email at support@1Password.com, with a link to your latest post (here, in case that makes copying the URL easier). By email, we can provide more customized support, which can be especially helpful for sorting out technical issues like this one.

I hope this provides a helpful start!

This discussion has been closed.