To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating from mSecure

Chadler
Chadler
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Memberships

What is involved to migrate from mSecure? I use only an iPad and iPhone both with IOS 15.3.1 and have mSecure 6.0.4
Thanks, Charles

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Chadler !

I don't think that you are able to export and import on your mobile devices. You have to use a PC or Mac and the desktop apps to export and import into 1Password.

You could use the MRC Converter Suite to import your exported data into 1Password.
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/494051/#Comment_494051

But I think that actually the Suite is not able to import mSecure 6 data. Maybe @MrC could help here?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Chadler , @DenalB

I don’t believe the mobile version of mSecure 6 exports. It’s only a bit over a month old, and previous versions could not export on mobile devices.

The Desktop version would be required.

I have not tested the new version’s export, either for Windows or macOS, but I would be happy to.

@Chadler , if you have access to a trusted Desktop, and want to use the converter, let me know which platform, and I’ll target that first. Although version 5 of mSecure changed the export format from previous versions, I’m suspecting any changes in version 6 will be minor.

Thanks for the heads up, @DenalB .

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Chadler

Just a quick check in - did you make any headway getting your mSecure passwords into 1Password for iOS / iPadOS ?

• @Chadler

Just checking in here as well to make sure you were able to get your data moved into 1Password! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help! 💙

This discussion has been closed.