Family member is locked out.

BForsberg
BForsberg
Community Member

My wife and I have been using 1Password on my MacBook Pro for a few years. We have separate logins which helps to keep our usage separate as well. We're using 1Password 7 (ver. 7.5.9) For some reason, my wife is no longer able to use 1Password with Safari Browser. The extension doesn't active when logging onto a web site requiring a password. If we try opening 1Password while Safari is open, it says we need to add the extension.

When I'm logged onto the computer, everything works. The applications on the computer are the same for either login but it's not working when my wife is logged in.

I'm lost. Can someone help me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4, Safari 15.5

Comments

• BForsberg
    BForsberg
    Community Member

I'm trying to get 1Password extensions working on Safari and Firefox browsers but we can't log into 1Password.com because my wife's password is lost. I'm going in circles trying to find a way to fix this with no luck.

• Blake
    edited June 2022

Hey @BForsberg 👋

Apologies for the delayed reply here on our end!

The extension doesn't active when logging onto a web site requiring a password. If we try opening 1Password while Safari is open, it says we need to add the extension.

This doesn't sound quite right. If you're using multiple user profiles on your Mac as you mentioned, it's possible the extension helper might be getting confused when switching between profiles resulting in this behavior. Could you give us a shout at support@1password.com so we could have our team take a closer look at things here to see if we can identify the cause for that? 🔎

I'm trying to get 1Password extensions working on Safari and Firefox browsers but we can't log into 1Password.com because my wife's password is lost.

If you happen to be using 1Password as a part of a Families Account, you should be able to start the recovery process for your wifes account which will allow her to set a new Account Password. This would be the best way to regain access if you've lost your Emergency Kit. 🙂

https://support.1password.com/recovery/

Let me know if that helps! 💙

• BForsberg
    BForsberg
    Community Member

I was finally able to get the extensions for Safari and Firefox to work. I found a comment online saying to quit 1Password completely and restarting it. So, that much is working.

I still haven’t found a way to reset my wife’s password. When we attempt to log onto 1Password.com, it will only take her user name and the 1Password Key. We have forgotten the password and I don’t see a way to reset it.

Just a thought: is that password the same as logging into 1Password app? I haven’t tried that.

• BForsberg
    BForsberg
    Community Member

So, now I need to know how to reset the password on 1Password.com. I have already tried to follow the directions for Recovery but it doesn't work. I don't understand why it has to be so complicated. I'm usually pretty good at operating my Mac but ever since the update to 1Password 7, I'm lost. I can't even imagine updating to version 8. I think I'm ready to give up on 1Password and go back to doing my own passwords and using what Apple has to offer. At least it's FREE.

• Hey @BForsberg

I would be glad to assist you with this. I have reached out to you via email. Let us continue our conversation from there! :)

ref: DLV-34983-392

• BForsberg
    BForsberg
    Community Member

Thanks Joshua. I sent you a reply.

• Thanks for the update, @BForsberg! If we can help with anything else, just give us a shout.

This discussion has been closed.