Infinite SSH authentication requests after Mac wakes up

Belazor
Belazor
Community Member

I'm incredibly frustrated right now. I thought that after the disastrous launch of the SSH agent in 8.7.0 when actually attempting to use it in IDEs like phpStorm, and seeing 8.7.1 had fixes for the agent, that it would be actually usable.

Imagine, then, my surprise when waking up my Mac after 1 hour of it being asleep with phpStorm running, that 1Password gave me literally infinite TouchID requests to allow phpStorm to access my Github SSH key. The only way I could stop the endless popups was to quit phpStorm and quit 1Password completely.

This is incredibly disappointing. If the SSH agent is incompatible with IDEs / Git clients, then please clearly state so in your documentation and make it sure that you should under no circumstances globally enable the SSH agent if you run any software that make frequent Git requests.

If, on the other hand, the goal is for the SSH agent to be actually usable with IDEs / Git clients, then is it too much to ask that AgileBits actually test their products in the real world? I don't think "I stopped work for the day and closed the lid on my MacBook" is an edge case that should have slipped through a team's testing.

If you still need more time to work on the SSH agent, then please add warnings when enabling it (as well as the aforementioned support document) so people know not to use the SSH agent in these cases.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Sorry to hear that! Those prompts piling up is a bug that got fixed and is now available on the nightly channel, and will be available on the beta channel early next week, stable will follow a bit later.
    Would that improve things for you in phpStorm or are you running into other issues as well?

This discussion has been closed.