Identity Autofill -- Address Line 2?

Options

I have a two-line address (street address + apartment number). I've noticed neither the 1Password apps or the latest browser extensions seem to handle this well.

Generally I see one of two patterns/desired behavior combinations on sites:

• Sites that have separate Address Line 1 and Address Line 2 fields: I want 1Password to fill the street address in line 1 and apartment/suite number in line 2.
  • Sites that have a single address field: I want 1Password to fill both line 1/2 into the single address field with values separated by a single space.

The biggest issue is 1Password doesn't even seem to be able to store a separate address line 1/line 2 at the moment, so only the second behavior is really supported. This wasn't a big deal when I used the classic browser extension, as I just relied on the browser's native address autofill (which at least in Firefox is pretty good). But using the new independent 1Password browser extension, 1Password always wants to provide the autofill. If it's going to insist on doing that, it would be nice if it could handle multi-line addresses better.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

That's true, Identities do not offer a second address line.

• @lucasec

You're right, 1Password is currently limited to a single address line. I can definitely see the value of being able to separate details into address line 1/2 based on inputs required on specific sites. While I can't say for sure if or when this will be implemented, I'll be happy to share your request for this with our development team.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#836

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I'd love this feature too.

I just tested this in https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple, and 1Password did fill both address lines, but it split the address stored in my Identity on a comma, when it would be better to split in a dash

The line in the "Street" field in by Identity (redacted, of course, but keeping the format as stored in 1Password) is:
    R. Some Street, 123 - Apto. 99

"R." is abbreviation for "Rua" (street in portuguese) and "Apto." is the abbreviation for "apartamento" (apartment in portuguese)

• Thanks for chiming in here @dserodio. You make a whole lot of sense here, especially since there are so many localized nuances to how addresses are displayed. I'll be sure to add your voice, and helpful example, here as well. :smile:

• lucasec
    lucasec
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, very interesting that it recognizes a comma as a separator. This feels totally undocumented but it does seem to work.

I don't have a strong opinion about what characters are treated as separators. At least here in the U.S. my inclination when filling out a form with only one line for address has always just to put the apartment number after the street address with nothing more than a space (no idea which way is more "correct"). Might have to start using a comma ;).

Definitely agree the simplest option here would be just to be able to input separate lines 1 and 2 into 1Password. Perhaps the separator character used when 1Password needs to join them into a single field could become a global setting, or tied to system locale if it's obvious.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lucasec Definitely agree that the simplest and best solution is to have an address line 2 in the item. Hopefully it is something that can be added in the future!

• KingHollis
    KingHollis
    Community Member
    Options

Any movement on this request? It seems it would be simple enough to add. I'd hoped to see it when they'd released 1Password 8 for Mac, but no such luck.

• Hey @KingHollis:

Thanks for chiming in. As mentioned above, currently the best option is to use a comma in the street address, like so 123 Main Street, Suite 100. This will result in 123 Main Street being filled into line 1, and Suite 100 being filled into line 2. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.