Developer Mode error on 1PW beta after installing ios16 beta.

JetLaw69
JetLaw69
Community Member

I just installed the iOS 16 beta on my iPhone and now I get this error whenever I try to launch the beta version of 1Password:

Developer Mode error on 1PW beta after installing ios16 beta.

Comments

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Yeah, that's a new thing in iOS16. Easy to fix. Go to settings app, Privacy & Security, and scroll all the way to the bottom to the Developer Mode section. Toggle it on. It'll ask you to restart your device to finish it. They even added it to Apple Watch and you have to toggle it directly on the Apple Watch, as it's not even in the Watch app on phone. This applies to any TestFlight app.

• DreamyLucid
    DreamyLucid
    Community Member

@volcom45 this is not about turning on or off the developer mode. As an end-user doing beta testing, the end-user should not be expected to have this turned on.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Well, bug or not, you can't run any TestFlight apps without it turned on, in beta 1..

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Seems to be an iOS 16 bug indeed, because according to WWDC22 video 110344 this is the expected behaviour:

For example, deploying your application through TestFlight or using Enterprise in-house distribution does not require Developer Mode.

• DreamyLucid
    DreamyLucid
    Community Member

@volcom45 it still does not matter. You do not get an end-user to turn on developer mode to test apps from TestFlight. So this hopefully would be fixed by Dev Beta 2.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Good to hear. I wasn't trying to argue any points. Was simply saying those that cannot run the 1Password beta on beta 1 need to turn it on.. and it's not like it's hard to do.

This discussion has been closed.