ssh-agent grace period

Options
jamesstidard
jamesstidard
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

Hiya,

The op ssh-agent plays nice with gui apps which is nice. I use it with things like Sublime Merge and VSCode. However, the way VSCode appears to make multiple subsequent requests to the ssh-agent in a row, which can result in 2-3 successive auth requests.

Is it possible to allow some grace period to authenticate requests, from the same application, for like 1 second to reduce this kind of access to a single authentication request?

I can see their maybe being a security implication if you can ensure it's the same application requesting access, and another program could piggyback on that previous auth, maybe.

Anyway, this would be a really nice quality of life, if it can be done.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jamesstidard,

We took another approach to address the issue of successive authorization prompts but this issue should be solved in the latest nightly. Let us know if you still run into this after updating.

• jamesstidard
    jamesstidard
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Marton.Soos_1P,

I seen someone made a similar post at around the time I made this one, and I started to follow that.

And yeah, I've been using the pre-release builds, and has been behaving much better with this.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.