Unable to sort search results

Endareth
Endareth
Community Member
edited May 2022 in iOS

After searching within the app, the results don't provide any sort options. Given some of my search results return 60-70 items, this is proving incredibly painful. Yet another regression from v7.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.6.5

Comments

• Hi @Endareth

Thanks for your feedback. There are some additional options for finding items within your search results, you can find out more about them here: Search 1Password to find what you need

That being said, we're open to having a conversation about how the search function in 1Password 8 can be improved, and it's actually a conversation that is already taking place internally. Could you let me know a bit more about how you would like to sort your search results? I can then let you know what functionality currently exists for the use-case and can pass on any feedback about potential improvements to our team. 🙂

Thanks again

Kester

• Endareth
    Endareth
    Community Member

Okay, so the instructions in that link definitely aren’t working for me on iOS. Regardless of collection or category previously selected, hitting Search always returns results from all vaults and categories.

As for how I’d hope searching should work, basically exactly as it did in 7. Rather than a separate search screen, a real-time filter along with a sort selector (with sorting options persisted across everywhere that items are listed).

Common use case for me is browsing through items, then tinkering with filter and sorting to find what I’m after. With the new version, it’s a total disconnect to have to go to a search screen, partially match what I’m looking for to see a small subset of matches, hit another command to see all the matches, then look through them in what appears to be a random order to find what I’m after. I’ve got a couple of thousand items in multiple vaults, having to scroll through dozens and dozens of items every time I need something costs me a lot of time.

• lucasd
    lucasd
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

[delete]

• chrisrosa
    chrisrosa
    Community Member

Came here to post about the same thing. Search results don't adhere to the previous sort setting; they appear to just be listed in creation order, oldest to newest. I'm referring to specifically the results (cmd-return), rather than the quick results that show up in the drop down list.
    Once you have the results, there's no visible way to specify the sort of the results.

• flybynight27
    flybynight27
    Community Member

+1 for this issue. Just updated from 1P7, and this is a major annoyance.

• davenaz
    davenaz
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

True for me as well. Missing version 7 right now. I take a lot of notes on a topic and count on being able to search on the topic and have the results sorted alphabetically - or simply use the criteria for the list when it is not searched - like chris rosa said.
    Mac Monterey with v8.

• davenaz
    davenaz
    Community Member

This one is a deal breaker for me on v8. Luckily v7 still works on Mac Monterey, so I have moved back to that version. I would love to find out when v8 gets the feature again.

• LutzCreativeGroup
    LutzCreativeGroup
    Community Member

Absolutely ridiculous that the results of a search do not show up alphabetically. I might have 40 or 50 results of a search. Finding what I want when they are in ... I have no idea what order they show up in ... instead of alphabetical is absurd.

This discussion has been closed.