App version: 8.6.1

How to repeat.
* make a tag
* select 200+ entries
* drag those to the new tag

expected result:
* 200+ entries now have new tag

actual result:
* probably just 14 or so entries in the new tag (not the 200+ we had selected and dragged).

Those 14ish entries are probably just the ones on the screen when you dragged, right?

It would also be nice to be able to:

• tag selected items from the right click drop down on the selected list (or some other way to tag a lot of items at once)

• select untagged items with "tag:" as someone said in the forum, but it didnt work for me

• Ability to add a tag on importing from other source. (Keepassxc handles this)

I was helping a friend setup 1password and we did a bulk import from keepass. Then, just before importing all the firefox passwords, I got the bright idea of tagging all these passwords so you could tell their source.

We selected them all in the app and dragged them to a tag but it only copied 17 (the first few of the list). He then selected them all again and was on the bottom of the list and dragged to the tag again and then there were 30 (some from the first and some from the end of the select list). This seems like a bug.

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10

Comments

• Hey @CamBfromOz:

Thanks for reaching out about this. We've gotten to the bottom of this issue, and the fix is available in our beta or nightly releases if you'd like to give them a try.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#7588

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Thanks. Will try it out. 👍

Pretty new to 1password so sorry if this has been covered before.

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Actually it would be great to be able to rename tags. I keep wanting to do that and the only way (export to csv, rename, reimport seems ugly)

• Hey @CamBfromOz:

You're very welcome! I've shared your thoughts about the ability to rename tags internally as well. In the meantime, what would work is creating a new tag with the new name, selecting the old tag, and then selecting all the items in that tag, and then dragging them to the new tag, then finally deleting the old tag. Let me know if that makes sense!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9335

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member

Genius!!! Didnt think of that. Nice.

Although that hits the above mentioned bug if you have more than a screen full to change.

Ill try the beta today and hopefully it will fix this and the "tag:" search to find untagged items.

Thanks

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Found another bug, sorry @Jack.P_1P ;-)

Ok, so upgrading to the beta fixed the 'copy many = copy only a few' bug. Woohoo. Looking forward to that update. (Im paranoid, so ive gone back to the main version).

New bug in current and beta. Searching with "tag:" (no space, no quotes) to find any entries without tags also returns any entries with a [space] in the tag name (it seems to me from just realising the issue).

Ive imported a whole lot of passwords from keepassxc and one of my tags was of the form "group/fruit & vege" (not really) and those results are also returned if i search for tag: to find untagged ones. I know i could just use the beta to move them into a new no-[space] tag, but the fact it finds those too makes me wonder if the code to check for no tag needs some testing.

This is why i thought it didnt work, when in fact it works but also can include entries with tags in certain conditions.

To verify:
    * make new entry
    * tag with a[space]b (single 3 letter tag)
    * save
    * search with: tag:

Expected:
    * new entry wont be in list because it has a tag

Actual:
    * new entry is returned in search for non tagged items

• Hey @CamBfromOz:

If you'd like to search for untagged items, use the search operator =untagged, rather than =tag:. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Didnt work for me.

windows 8.6.1

• created a login with only username/password (no tag)
    • click on "all Items"

if i:
    * search for: =untagged: (with a closing : as indicated in this https://support.1password.com/search-1password/#:~:text=To%20search%201Password%2C%20use%20the,and%20choose%20Search%20All%20Fields.
    * results returned as empty list (filters all passwords out)
    * message is: 0 results for ":" in untagged items

If i:
    * search for: =untagged (no colon)
    * it jumps to the first entry in the list. Ie it just highlights it, but doesnt filter the list of entries down, so you cant multi select to do something with the list as the list has not been filtered down

Neither seems right ;-)

• Hey @CamBfromOz:

Thanks for following up! I've been doing some more testing, and I was able to search for all untagged items by following these steps:

1. Enter =untagged in the search box:
    2. Choose "Show all matching untagged items"
    3. You should then see all the untagged items in that collection.

At that point, if you're on our beta or nightly release, you can then select all the items, and drag them to the appropriate tag. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member

Thanks for that. I keep expecting that search will filter the results down automatically like the android app does.

This works for me now, as does doing bulk moves of more than a screen full.

Nice. thumbs up!

• Hi @CamBfromOz, on behalf of Jack, you're most welcome! I glad to hear this is working for you now.

Have a great day!

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member

Id still suggest that filtering the list of passwords down is the correct UI behaviour (android v7.9.3, web) vs the windows behaviour of jumping to the first match in the whole non matching list.

It seems odd to me that the windows version (v8.7.1) doesn't filter. Who would prefer a single random match being highlighted vs filtering the list down to just matching entries?

Plus it would unify your UI between platforms.

• Hi @CamBfromOz, thanks for the feedback. We currently have an internal feature issue raised to add an option to make "Show all Matching Items" the default search behaviour. I've added your voice to further highlight user interest in this feature. Thanks!

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-289

• CamBfromOz
    CamBfromOz
    Community Member

Thanks for being responsive and listening. Great support!

• We're happy to help, @CamBfromOz. Thanks for providing some valuable feedback!

This discussion has been closed.