Opera 87.0.4390.25 (x86_64): always have to re-login to 1Password extension

Hi,

Is there any reason I have to constantly re-login every time I restart Opera [currently version 87.0.4390.25 (x86_64)] using 1password extension version 2.3.4 (the Google one from the Chrome webstore)?

None of my other browsers make me do this and it's really frustrating behaviour.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.4
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• @kae604

You said restart 🤔. Are you fully quitting Opera? If so, 1Password will always lock when you quit your browser. You also said re-login. Can you expand on this? Is this entering the password or is this providing the full login credentials for your membership?

• kae604
    kae604
    Community Member

Yes, I am fully quitting Opera and actually no, that's not the case: with Chrome, Chrome Canary, and Firefox, when I fully restart the browser, the extension auto-unlocks and, can I say, thank GOD... I wouldn't want to have to enter my master password over and over again just because I restarted a browser. 1Password on my computer has remained unlocked, so why would I need to unlock it individually in each browser as that browser starts up?

This is the entering of the password, not the full login credentials (password and secret key).

• kae604
    kae604
    Community Member

So... any ideas?

oh... I see... same issue posted here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/642438/#Comment_642438

and the answer is: Opera isn't supported

that's too bad

• Hi @kae604:

Thanks for your feedback on this. As mentioned there, Opera currently isn't a supported browser for sharing a lock state. I'll share your feedback with the team.

Jack

• kae604
    kae604
    Community Member

Thanks Jack!

• You're welcome @kae604! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.