couet
Community Member

Hi,

first of all the details:

• 1password version: 8.7.1
  • IOS on IMac: 12.4
  • Apple watch series 6

The problem:

I want to use my apple watch to unlock my iMac and my MacBook. Both have the unlock with the Apple Watch working for IOS. Unlocking 1password with the watch is okay on the MacBook. But on the iMac, the Security section in the Preferences does not the the "Unlock" section like on the MacBook. What could be the problem?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• LoosGuccreen
    LoosGuccreen
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, same issue here with a Mac Mini 2018.

Same version of 1Password (8.7.1), same version of MacOS (12.4), the only difference being I have a Series 5 (on WatchOS 8.6).

To clarify, this feature worked perfectly well with this exact set of hardware using 1Password 7 (and I'm using my Apple Watch to authenticate other things along the system so no communication issue whatsoever).

I just don't have the option to enable the unlock with Apple Watch on the Security tab (the exact same as the screen above).

Thanks for any help.

• couet
    couet
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Good to know I am not the only one having this problem!

• couet
    couet
    Community Member
    Options

BTW my iMac is: Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015

• Hi @couet:

Unlocking 1Password with your Apple Watch requires a Secure Enclave. The iMac late 2015 doesn't include one, so you will be unable to use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on your iMac. Use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on your Mac

@LoosGuccreen:

Mac Mini 2018 is a supported Mac for Apple Watch unlock, so we might need to take a closer look at the setup of 1Password on your Mac. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• LoosGuccreen
    LoosGuccreen
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

Thank you for your help

Here is the support ID number:
    [#EDV-31556-911]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@LoosGuccreen

Thank you for sending in the diagnostics report! I've replied to your email and I suggest that we continue the conversation there. 😊

ref: EDV-31556-911

This discussion has been closed.