Back to 7

Options
pverhoye
pverhoye
Community Member

Hi!

I'm sorry. I gave it a chance. But 8 is not worthy of my time yet. I gave it every chance but cmd + \ fails to work (or more correct, sometimes after like 20 seconds I get a response), the new safari extension is .... a disaster and even the macos app is to 'opulent' for me.
I'll stick with 7 until I read things are better...far better again.

Don't worry, I'll keep my payed subscription. 1Password 7 is still the best out there ;)

BB
Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• notnotjake
    notnotjake
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve gone back and forth. Did you keep 1Password in the Menubar? This fixed a lot of the Safari extension bugs and the issue of the keyboard command not opening the window

• pverhoye
    pverhoye
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I did. My main problem was the very slow response compared to 7.

• lud
    lud
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

I hate 1Password 8 (using macOS). The item filter is worse. I got a lot of items that follow patterns, and I want to filter e.g. all items that contain a certain word. I actually have to perform a "cmd + enter" instead of the regular enter, for a power user (I for sure use 1P hundreds of times every day), that is quite the annoying overhead.

Also, the quick finder in the menu bar is horrible. I have to click multiple times to reach a property I need to copy. I barely need an email or password so I need to click "show more", and even then I do not see additional properties, but have to click again "show in a little window".

I'm angrily annoyed hundreds of times every day by version 8. I really loved version 7, way less clicking around to get what I am looking for. In fact, I'm angry enough to sign up for this forum here just to complain :D

I hope they massively improve the UX (by going back to 7 :D)

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Whenever they release a new beta I hope they finally get rid of the awful new search and bring back the old one. Within in minutes I'm so annoyed by search that I switch back to 1PW7. For someone heavily relying on search including substrings/partial words and expecting to get all results immediately without any kind of relevance sorting/filtering inbetween or extra keyboard interaction it's a real nightmare.
    The later added and well hidden find option is far better than search. But its placement within the UI is just bad and an option to make find the default is missing.

• digisam
    digisam
    Community Member
    Options

I agree, back to 7. The quick search/launcher thing is simply useless for me, I don't just have a single username and password for each of the 5000+ items in my vaults (granted it could do with a bit of a purge).

Not being able to see all the fields is really restricting.

e.g. I have several client sites set up like so

If i want to know the staging url i can easily see and click it, as I can for the various usernames and passwords associated with each login or ip number i need, licence information and keys, as well as generic notes to myself. I have ssh links to quickly open and start a session in a terminal.

All of that information is available to me in 7 in 1P mini, with 8 i have to open the full 1password to see or edit anything.

I could give more examples, but it is hard to do so without having to explain each use case, but the main problem for me is I have an item in 1P, and there might just be a username and password, but there might be multiple websites I need to use it on (dev, staging, live) etc. And yes the flow of 8 is nice if I am on a site that I simply need to insert a username and password on. But if that is all I am doing, I will stick with the browser provided password autofill. But I don't and I have been using 1P for 10 years, I have gone from Dropbox user to a subscriber, and have been using it my way based on the tools you provided me (i.e. multiple field and quick access to them). Now they have gone it really doesn't have much value to me.

I hope it will be addressed, it seems the really simplified "search" feature is something a lot of people are having issues with when they try to transition to 8.

• hobbes444
    hobbes444
    Community Member
    Options

@notnotjake , thanks a lot, keeping the menu bar item solved a lot of issues. I stashed it away using BarTender, so it doesn't bother me.

I would strongly recommend there be a description next to this checkbox, of the type "if you uncheck this, 1password cannot reliably run in the background".

• 4ourFingers
    4ourFingers
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I can't agree more with pverhoye and lud. I just can't get use to 1Password Mini. Complete change and confusing. I find myself opening the main program every time because mini is useless to me now. Are we able to revert back to ver. 7?

using macOS 12.4

• pverhoye
    pverhoye
    Community Member
    Options

@4ourFingers : yes, I removed 1P8 from my computer and used the app store 1P7 again and everything works again as it should :)

• 4ourFingers
    4ourFingers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks pverhoye. I'll give that a try. Cheers.

• bud
    bud
    Community Member
    Options

I also agree with those who've reverted to v7. I'm tired of the issues I've encountered with v8, so am reverting for now and will watch this forum from time to time to see if things settle down and issues get resolved. There are so many things I dislike about 8 and I'm generally a huge fan of 1Password, but this version has caused me to spend so much time trying to figure things out. To me 1P is an example of a great tool that should just quietly work in the background, and the user should love forgetting that it's there. Everything worked great in v7. I had no issues, and now I'm wasting my time where it should NOT be necessary at all! And I don't want to have to detail everything that's wrong for the team to hopefully resolve. I've already spent more time than I care to just typing this. I think everything that I've had an issue with has already been reported by others, so I'll just revert to v7 for now.

I'm very sorry to say, but poor job 1Password team!

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, back to 1P7 too many missing things / different worst behaviour:

• command\ not works anymore (with non US keyboards)
    • autosubmit can't be disabled
    • autofill not delete the user/password that are saved in Chrome (and that are shown up by Chrome when open a website) and 1P8 add user/password to the one shown ...
    • i see an overlapping of user/password that are saved in Chrome and user/password shown by 1P8 in the same fields when click in these fields
      it's really frustrating ...
This discussion has been closed.