Beyond the Pale - How do I upload a .csv or .pif file to the online vault?

Options
yosemite4
yosemite4
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

I have had your desktop product since 2010 or whenever. I have spent three months going back and forth with support. I now have an online account and there are no instructions for how to migrate my passwords to the new account from the iPhone. I go to advanced on the iPhone, and bring a black empty screen to scan the code on the emergency kit -- nothing.

This does not help or apply to my situation:
https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device
1Password 7 ain't on my new computer. If I download the app from the Apple store, it is empty! There are no passwords in it.

It's a new computer. It does not have 1Password 7.

Even if I downloaded the app from Apple store, it would be empty!!

Currently, I'm have to hand enter passwords on my new computer, using 1Password on my iPhone.

Three months I've waited for help. You can't just pick up a phone?

So, I have to hand enter 998 passwords to get my info in? That's what's happening. It is actually easier to create a csv file and upload it to a competitor's product than it is to get this up and running.

**********Please include a link on how I can upload a .csv file to the online vault. *********************************

I have patiently waited three months. How about a phone call? You guys used to do that, ten years ago.

1Password Version: four different versions!!
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

I've used the desktop product for 12 years. And am now trying to move from the desktop version to the online version. I asked for help back in March. Still not resolved. To the male representative who removed my legitimate request for help, please help.

I just had to sign on to the 1 Password website using my new account secret key, password, and mail address. Do I have to do that every time for my iPad, iPhone and PC, once I transfer my High Sierra 10.13.6 vault?

I don't want to lose my desktop vault on my Mac running High Sierra 10.13.6 because it will be irreplaceable. It is running 1Password 6.8.9 and the OS is too old to run 1Password 8. If the operating system is too old to run 7 or 8, how is product going to work?

Currently 1Password syncs via WLAN with all the other Macs except the new MAC using Monterey.

There is also a PC running the desktop 4 version. I've sent in diagnostics for all.

It looks like once I load the passwords from 6.8.9 into the online vault, I'll lose those passwords. If I lose the 6.8.9 passwords in the 10.13.6 version, it looks like I will have to sign into your website I want to use a password. Is that the case? Too labor intensive.

Please help.

1Password 6
    Version 6.8.9 (689001)
    AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 6.8.9
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.6

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

Got it...finally! Piffed it. Am on my way. Thank you Anthony. Thank you so much.

Close out my conversation.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @yosemite4! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustration that you encountered when migrating to 1Password 7 and a 1Password account. I'm very happy to hear that one of my colleagues was able to help you over email. If you have any other questions or concerns then I recommend that you reply to my colleague's email rather than posting on the forum since he'll have access to account and diagnostics information that we don't have access to here on the forums.

-Dave

ref: PCT-24663-543

This discussion has been closed.