If My Vault in the Cloud is Complete, Do I Need To Do THIS?

Options
IAmPissed
IAmPissed
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

I have all of my Data in the Cloud (my.1password.com) in a Private vault (except for attachments which apparently aren't supported yet). I laso have the data correct in my 1Password 7 for Mac app (including attachments). I deleted my vault in iCloud so the only thing I think I need to do is to install 8.

However, when I install 8, and select, "Move Data To Account" it will just sit there for days and never finish. So, if my data is already in the cloud (my.1password.com), then should I "Install Without Moving Data" instead? If I do, does that mean my data will only be in the cloud, and not stored locally in the version 8 app?

If that is a correct assumption, then how do I install 8 AND get my data imported in it?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @IAmPissed:

Great questions. Just to confirm, your attachments will be there in 1Password 8 (or if you add your 1Password account to 1Password 7 for that matter). Item attachments for categories other than Documents aren't currently displayed on 1Password.com, but they're available on the 1Password apps.

Using the migration wizard is the only way to mark a vault as "migrated". The 1Password 8 installer looks for any vaults that aren't marked as "migrated", and offers to use the migration tool to migrate them. If you've manually copied over your items and they're visible on my.1Password.com, then you won't need to use the migration tool, as you've already moved the items, so you can choose "Install without Moving Data".

Just as an additional note, your 1Password account data will still be accessible offline. For example, if you're on a plane, and have 1Password 8 for Mac installed, you'll still be able to unlock the 1Password and use items in there for reference, even if you don't have Wi-Fi on the plane.

Jack

• IAmPissed
    IAmPissed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack! This was very useful! I got 8 Installed. Now I am adding Family members.

Jim

• Excellent Jim, thank you for letting us know! šŸ™Œ

• IAmPissed
    IAmPissed
    Community Member
    Options

I got it all under control! I just wanted to thank Catherine, Jack, and everyone else!

• Dave_1P
    Options

On behalf of my colleagues, I'm happy that you're up and running. šŸ˜Š

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.