Integration with Desktop App in Gener8 browser

Hi,

I have been able to install the 1Password Browser extension in the Gener8 browser (https://gener8ads.com/products/browser) but it will not integrate with the desktop app (e.g. for using TouchID on Mac to unlock it).

From what I have read, it seems the integration is only supported on certain browsers (e.g. Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc.). Is this the case, or is there any way to make this work on other Chromium based browsers?

Thanks,
Richard

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• kevin.li
    edited June 2022

Hi @rcampbell22,

You're correct. The Gener8 browser is not one of the officially supported browsers of 1Password. Thus, the integration with the desktop app won't work with Gerner8, and 1Password in Gener8 will have to work independently. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

We have a feature request about adding Gener8 to the list of the supported browsers. I've added your voice to the list, and our development team will prioritize it accordingly.

Meanwhile, you can try other browsers listed in: Get started with 1Password in your browser

Edge and Brave are Chromium-based browsers. Vivaldi is another one that is currently supporting the integration with 1Password 8 but is not listed on the above link.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

ref: IDEA-I-1202

• rcampbell22
    rcampbell22
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Thanks for the quick reply.

Am I right to assume the reason that specific Chromium browsers are supported is a security reason, rather than a technical one (to protect users from allowing it from potentially unsafe browsers)?

If so, is there any way to manually bypass that (i.e. I accept the risks that my browser is not on the supported list), even if only as a temporary workaround to get the integration working?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Hi @rcampbell22,

You're correct. However, we cannot bypass the code signature to enable the integration.

I understand you want to freely choose your browser to integrate with, and I will share your feedback with our development team for further investigation.

This discussion has been closed.