Accessing System Preferences

Options
WillockBoy2
WillockBoy2
Community Member

Maybe I'm being rather dense but can someone offer me some help as to how you create a login that inserts the personal access code for macOS System Preferences (as per the 1Password video)?
With thanks.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member
    Options

You need to add a new element and then type "Mac" -> select "Mas User Account Password". This is not listed by default in the list of elements to add which is dumb.

• Hey @WillockBoy2:

Did the advice @Frederic.C shared get you up and running with using Universal Autofill to fill your Mac user account? Let me know!

Jack

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

@Frederic.C and @Jack.P_1P

Many thanks for your help, which I have only just seen.
    I'm afraid that I have been unable to determine what "Adding a new element means". Is it a new Login?
    Some further advice will be appreciated.

Stephen

• Hi @WillockBoy2:

Thanks for following up on this! Choose "New Item" at the top of the 1Password window, then in the search box, type "Mac login". You should then be prompted with a Finder icon, select that item and enter in your current Mac user password, then save the item. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Thanks for your reply.

I've carried out your instructions and, hopefully, it is now working. There were two "new" logins offered. One with a blue Mac logo and a green option. Both had username options, which I kept blank.

With thanks.

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

I'm continuing to experience a problem with 1Password 8 (version: 8.8.0) running on macOS Monterey (version: 12.3.1).

Pressing "shift + command + space bar" brings up the correct 1Password app. However, pressing the right arrow produces the list of options but "shift + enter" does not invoke "autofill" (i.e. nothing happens.

Can you offer some advice, please?

Stephen

• Hey @WillockBoy2:

Thanks for following up. Just to confirm, are you running into trouble with using Universal Autofill in every app / website, or only a specific one? Let me know, and I'll be able to take a closer look.

Jack

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

Thank you for your reply.

I was experiencing the problem with just one web site but, for some unknown reason, the problem seems to have resolved itself.

Regards.

• Hi @WillockBoy2,

Thanks for the update, and I am glad the issue has been sorted.

Keep us posted if you experience any further issues with a specific website, so we can investigate further if need be.

Alex

This discussion has been closed.