Fastmail integration keeps being "forgotten"?

Ziggy_Stahdust
Ziggy_Stahdust
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I use fastmail on my business account...but the integration keeps being "forgotten". I continually have to go and log back into FM to reset the integration, and it's a bit of a time-consuming and annoying process:

• try to use it; fails
  • go to settings (if I can get there easily) / Integrations /Masked email
  • choose Fastmail
  • Connect
  • Allow 1P to access FM account
  • SIGN BACK INTO 1P (IN THE SAME ACCOUNT I'M CURRENTLY USING!!!!!) - THIS ON A WEB PAGE! to allow connection
  • re-authenticate AGAIN with Yubikeycccccckfhvdrjnbibekguteufjfbbduufhjnhkuedfel
  • done

That is EIGHT steps for one thing....

Is this normal?

(Current versions everywhere, Windows, all fully patched)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Ziggy_Stahdust,

I'm sorry to hear the trouble you had with Fastmail integration. That's definitely not the correct behaviour. Can you try the following steps to re-enable it:

1. Open your browser, and login to your 1Password account on 1Password.com. Click the "Integrations" on the right-side panel, which should be underneath your account name:

2. Suppose you already set up the Fastmail integration with your account. You should see it under the "Active" page.

• In your case, you might see multiple Fastmail activations as shown below:
    1. Let's click the Fastmail integration and "Deactivate Fastmail", you will need to enter your account password to proceed. Erase all active integrations there.

2. Then, let's re-activate the Fastmail integration following this guide: Use 1Password to create and manage Masked Emails in Fastmail

After the setup, let's restart your browser and test it again. Let me know how it goes.

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Well, now there are TWO problems: I've done the above...it still doesn't (reliably) show up.

And, on another machine...I can't even FIND the integration easily - either from the browser or by going to 1P in my desktop. The ONLY place I can find it is by browsing to 1password.ca....don't think that's how it's supposed to work?

• Hi @Ziggy_Stahdust:

In that specific email field, it looks like 1Password is recognizing it as a sign-in form, rather than an email creation field, so I've filed an issue to see if we can improve the state of play there on BC Parks' website.

As we've added more integrations, we've moved configuration of integrations from 1Password in the browser, to my.1Password.com.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#16886

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member

Thanks!

Can I generally assume that anything that applies to x.1password.com also applies on the .ca site?

• Hey @Ziggy_Stahdust:

You're very welcome! Yes, anything that applies to my.1Password.com would also apply to my.1Password.ca or my.1Password.eu.

Jack

• Ziggy_Stahdust
    Ziggy_Stahdust
    Community Member

Cool. Ta.

• You're very welcome! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.