Version 7.9.828 suddenly asking for license - Reloaded

Sorry to bring this up again although original post is closed. I also had the same issue of 1 Password 7 Standalone Windows asking for license out of the blue. It never happened before unless I formatted the Pc and re-installed 1Password. And this is not the only strange behaviour I noticed in the past few days. My Iphone version also had a secondary lock icon flashing on the top left of the vault unlock screen as if there was a background process running. (I know this is not possible on an iphone but still a strange behaviour which did not happen before). Then after importing my license it started to work but items could not be edited still. Having to terminate and re-run the app it went back to normal.

Do we really think that a bunch of people starting to have this problem on particular version and time of the year could be co-insidence. I'm worried that the security of mainly the windows version may be comprimised? Just wanted to flag this up.

Many thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Comments

• Hi @alien2000a:

While I can't speak to why 1Password for Windows may have needed to be re-licensed, or why you had to restart it to get edit functionality back without taking a closer look at your setup, what I can tell you is the flickering you mention on 1Password for iOS is something we're aware of, and is merely a graphical issue, and doesn't affect the functionality or security of 1Password for iOS.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.