Recent problem - 1P browser extension and Windows Hello with Firefox and Chrome

shale999
shale999
Community Member

As of yesterday, 6/14/2022, I noticed that:
1. When clicking on the 1P icon in a browser to autofill UID and PW, it asks me to unlock 1P by clicking on the browser toolbar icon
2. The 1P extension icon on the toolbar no longer recognizes/uses Windows Hello biometric authentication.

1Password Version: 871 - 80701002
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @shale999:

There is an issue with our signing certificate that is affecting 1Password 7 and 8 for Windows, resulting in some customers having trouble with updating or installing 1Password as well as the browser integration. We're working on getting this resolved, and appreciate your patience. In the meantime, please know that this is not a security issue and 1Password is safe to use.

If you're having trouble with 1Password, the best workaround is to use 1Password in your browser without integrating with 1Password for Windows: right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choose Settings, and turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option.

Jack

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

I'd noticed the same thing last few days. @Jack.P_1P would you mind providing an update here once it should be working again so we can turn back on the integration?

• Hi @volcom45 and @shale999:

We've recently released updates on all three release channels that include a new signing certificate. Please check for updates and then after re-enabling the integration, everything should be working as expected. Thanks for your patience!

Jack

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Just installed the update and enabled the integration again. Windows Hello working fine again, now. Thanks much for the info!

• That's great, thanks for letting us know!

• lgardiner5
    lgardiner5
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

I'm having a similar issue with Opera. I installed the 1Password browser extension from the Chrome Web Store and it only allows me to sign in with my password. When I used it on Chrome it worked though. Not sure which steps to take.

• Hello @lgardiner5, thanks for your message.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with Opera. Can you confirm that both 1Password 8 for Windows and Opera are up-to-date?

If this continues to be an issue, can you please provide some additional details via email to support+forum@1password.com so we can help to investigate?

Please do not post these details in the forums.

Can you also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

• Hello @lgardiner5,

I see you sent a quick follow up here. Can you please let us know if you've sent along the above requested logs and report from 1Password 8 to support+forum@1password.com along the support ID number you received?

If you've yet to do so, these reports can help us to determine the cause of the issues you are experiencing. Once received, we can continue the conversation via email. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.