To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading my Individual account with the Free Family plan provided by my company

danguddemi
danguddemi
Community Member

As mentioned in the title, my company has the 1Password Business plan that provides its users (employees) with a free family plan membership. Since free stuff is cool and I already have a 1Password Individual plan, I figured that I would just upgrade to the family plan.

The issue is that I already am paying annually for my Individual plan and I'm wondering what will happen if I link the Business plan to my Individual plan for the free subscription.
Will I be refunded for the remaining months in my Individual plan? Will the "paid months" be prorated for when my free family plan ends (I leave the company)? Will I have two plans active and just have to accept the sunk cost?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Laura_1P
    edited June 2022

Hey @danguddemi! If you close your individual account and move your items into the family account, you'll get a prorated credit added to your family account that you can use when you're no longer with the company. 🙂

Our Support team can absolutely get you all set up. Send them an email at support+forum@1password.com and let them know what you're looking to do, and be sure to include the following:

• A link to this thread
    • Your forum username

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number (eg. ABC-123-12345).

Please post that number here. Thanks so much. :)

• danguddemi
    danguddemi
    Community Member

[#FXW-75671-465]

FXW-75671-465

FXW-75671-465

• Thanks @danguddemi. Looks like we're waiting on a reply from you via email and then we can get you sorted. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.