Collected v8 issues

Options
statto1927
statto1927
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

I posted yesterday about a couple of things but I thought it would be better to wrap up in one new post. Apologies if I've broken any forum rules by duplicating info.

Mac 10.15.7
Safari Version 15.5 (15613.2.7.1.9, 15613)
1Password extension for Safari v 2.3.3

Issues
1. I open a web page with a login screen (any login screen). With the main 1Password app either open or closed, if I click in the email address or username or password boxes for my login details, in v7 I’d get a prompt for the suggested login details to autofill. 
Now in v8 - nothing. It's like 1P doesn't exist on my system.
2. If I click on 1Password mini in the taskbar, it does suggest login details, but if I click on autofill against any suggested logins 1P crashes completely and I have to reopen it - I could copy and paste but that rather defeats the whole point of 1P. It's a temporary if frustrating workaround for the moment though I guess.
3. Cmd-Shift-X doesn’t bring up anything in any scenario.
4. Cmd-Shift-Space brings up what I think is the quick access dialogue, but I have been confused with posts on this forum that variously refer to "1Password inline" and "1Password popup" which I haven't come across before. I just (and perhaps incorrectly) think in terms of the main app (1Password) and 1Password mini/extension in the toolbar

There may be other issues I haven’t come across yet, but the inability to just click on a web page’s login fields and have 1Password immediately autosuggest and then one click autofill is fundamental.

I appreciate it’s the first release but would it be better to roll back to v7 until this is sorted?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @statto1927:

Thanks for your feedback on this!

As I've mentioned elsewhere, we're actively tracking an issue with Universal Autofill on macOS 10.15, and we hope to have it sorted out soon. In the meantime, you can use the 1Password pop-up in your browser to fill into websites. If you're not seeing the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, you may be running into a separate issue, and refreshing Safari's extension database should improve your state of play:

1. Quit all web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app
    3. Run the following command: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app (it should all be on one line)
    4. Relaunch Safari

Once 1Password for Safari is working as expected, using ⌘+Shift+X will open the 1Password pop-up in Safari, allowing you to fill your information, as well as offer in-line suggestions on a field.

To clarify, there's a few different ways of accessing 1Password quickly:

• Quick Access, accessed by pressing ⌘+Shift+Space by default.
    • The 1Password pop-up in your browser, accessed by pressing ⌘+Shift+X
    • The 1Password in-line menu, which shows on fields like usernames, passwords, email addresses directly on a webpage when using 1Password in your browser.

Let me know if that helps clear things up, or if you're still running into any trouble.

Jack

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

So, I've taken the plunge, and reinstalled 1P8 to see if things are better than last week.

In response to this particular issue, the answer is no it still doesn't work.

I have the main 1P8 app active, and I have the 1P icon available in the top taskbar. At (any) login page if I use ⌘+Shift+X absolutely nothing happens.

If I click the icon in the top taskbar I get the suggested login details, but clicking on Autofill crashes 1P completely and I have to relaunch it.

So no progress on this issue.

My system
    Mac 10.15.7
    Safari Version 15.5 (15613.2.7.1.9, 15613)
    1Password extension for Safari v 2.3.3

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

OK - I may have been a bit premature with my response. Having shut everything down (again) and relaunched safari, I then tried again at a login screen and the pop up in the browser appeared (although I was expecting it to pop up against the login fields, it appeared to pop up from the browser tab.

The suggested info was there and autofill works from here.

Now (and I'm got all my fingers crossed here), it seems that at any login screen - I've tried 3 or 4 different ones, the login info is being automatically suggested and filling in. Is this how it should work - that you press ⌘+Shift+X (once) and in all future cases login info is presented? Is that right? Do I have to press ⌘+Shift+X each time I open a Safari session? Never again? The need for/info on the use of the browser pop up is not very clear and I have to say not very intuitive, even though it's now apparently working.

• Hey @statto1927:

There's a few different ways to fill your information when you're in a browser. ⌘+Shift+X (the keyboard shortcut used for 1Password in Safari) opens the 1Password pop-up:

The 1Password pop-up allows for searching all of your items, and offers the Autofill button.

In addition to the 1Password pop-up, 1Password will also suggest items directly on the fields, like so:

I see we're also in contact with you via email taking a closer look at Universal Autofill, so continuing the conversation there would be the best bet.

Jack

ref: RGY-96374-756

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

👍

• To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Please keep an eye on your email! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.