Shortcut does not work for OTP autofill

Options
isokaze
isokaze
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

After upgrading, I have noticed that cmd+\ does not fill OTP form like OPW7 did. I have to click the safari app icon and select autofill. Quite annoying. I hope it can be fixed soon.

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• adriaanzon
    adriaanzon
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I noticed the same thing. On some websites, it doesn't fill all required fields when pressing Command-Backslash. It seems like Command-Backslash uses Universal AutoFill even in Safari, while in Safari the browser extension should take precedence when pressing Command-Backslash.

• Hi @adriaanzon / @isokaze:

We're continuing to make improvements on Universal Autofill as we iterate on 1Password 8, so if you're able to share sites where you run into trouble (either here or with us directly via email: support@1password.com), we'll be happy to take a look.

Jack

• adriaanzon
    adriaanzon
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately I'm unable to share the specific site but I seem to have figured it out the cause of the specific instance I ran into:

The class list of the HTML element for the username, contained the word "validate". As I progressively removed letters from this word it seems like 1Password checks for the word "date", and the word validate happens to contain the string "date". So Universal Autofill thinks it is a date field and therefore does not fill the username.

However in other browsers like Chrome and Firefox, the browser extension gets triggered when pressing Command-Backslash, bypassing Universal Autofill. Using this method, the problem does not occur. I would expect it to work the same way for Safari.

This discussion has been closed.