Namecheap 2fa totp not copied to clipboard on macOS

drewgoodwin
drewgoodwin
Community Member

Namecheap credentials and 2FA managed in 1password.

When logging in on iOS, the TOTP is copied to the clipboard as expected.

When logging in from Mac, however, the TOTP is not copied to the clipboard (I have to open 1password and copy manually).

I figured it would be fixed at some point, but seems like it's been this way for a couple of years. What should I try to fix it?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:namecheap 2fa

Comments

• B0rg
    B0rg
    Community Member

I got the exact same issue.

• Hi @drewgoodwin / @B0rg:

As it currently stands 1Password in the browser doesn't automatically copy your one-time password. I found that while 1Password in the browser didn't immediately fill the one-time password on Namecheap, clicking the 1Password icon in the field triggered it to fill. is that what you're seeing? Let me know!

Jack

• drewgoodwin
    drewgoodwin
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Thank you @Jack.P_1P

I didn't notice the 1Password icon also appears here. Clicking it does indeed fill the field. Or rather, it opens a menu where I must select the account again, then it fills the field.

On some other sites, the OTP is automatically filled. AWS for example. The fact that it isn't automatic on Namecheap threw me off. Is there medicine for that?

Drew

• Hey @drewgoodwin:

I've checked, and we do have a prescription for that! 😄

Edit the Namecheap item, and change the label on the field one-time password to OTP Code, like so:

From then on, 1Password in the browser should be able to fill it automatically. Let me know how you get on with that!

Additionally, I've added you both to the issue tracking this interaction with Namecheap so hopefully in the future this change won't be needed.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9450

• drewgoodwin
    drewgoodwin
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P worked like a charm. Thanks again, and thanks for filing a related issue!

• B0rg
    B0rg
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Thank you that helped!

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.