iOS 16 support for 2FA

Harry19
Harry19
Community Member

Hi, will 1Password support the new 2FA option for iOS 16 (for third party password managers). At the moment it is not showing up for me using 1Password 8 TestFlight.

See article of MacRumors: https://www.macrumors.com/2022/06/06/ios-16-third-party-two-factor-authentication-support/

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Apple released the first beta of iOS 16 this Monday (less than 48 hours ago).

How do you expect 1Password to have this feature in a TestFlight build from before that?

It would be nice to see a video from one of their developers showing a "proof of concept" soon, but I would not expect more for a while.

• elyscape
    elyscape
    Community Member

I did some digging and this basically just chooses the handler for the otpauth:// URI scheme. 1Password could support it by declaring support for that URI scheme in its Info.plist and then adding a page asking you to select the vault item to which it should add the OTP.

• Harry19
    Harry19
    Community Member

@XIII Authy and Microsoft Authenticator are showing up perfectly..

• Hey @Harry19 :

Thanks so much for the question. We're currently looking into it.

As a disclaimer, I should say that the feature is not about filling, but about selecting a third party app to open otpauth links (as @elyscape mentioned above 🙂).

Alvin

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

@Harry19 Ah, I did not know… Thanks for pointing that out!

(I have no 2FA Apps on my work’s test phone that runs the iOS 16 developer beta and I don’t run betas on my personal phone)

With the additional info from @elyscape this should be easy to add indeed.

• @XIII

Thank you for your input! Hopefully our developers have more to share on this in the future. 😊

This discussion has been closed.