Can't organize site using click and drag

BiggyD
BiggyD
Community Member

Just added a new site and I'm trying to add it to a tag folder. How do I do it without having to type in the name of the tag in the edit/tag field?

1Password Version: Version 2.3.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10

Comments

• Hi @BiggyD:

Great question! To confirm, are you adding this new item from the 1Password desktop app, or my.1Password.com? If you're creating this new item from the 1Password desktop app, you can drag the new item from the item list directly onto the tag in the sidebar, like so:

Let me know if that makes sense, or if you run into any trouble!

Jack

• BiggyD
    BiggyD
    Community Member

That's not working for me. I imported these tags from LastPass. Maybe that's a problem?

BTW, tag folders do contain previously sorted sites.

• Good morning @BiggyD,

Based on the .gif provided, it appears that you are attempting to drag the items over the tags while you're logged in to 1Password.com in your browser. The process (and image) provided by Jack can be completed from within the 1Password 8 desktop apps.

On 1Password.com, to create or add a tag, you can edit that item, enter the name of the tag in the tag field, then click Save - Organize with favorites and tags

I hope this helps to explain the process for each of those two methods of adding tags. Please let us know if you need any further assistance - we'll be here to help!

• BiggyD
    BiggyD
    Community Member

Yes, when in edit I've been typing in the name of the tag and that works, but in the "Organize with favorites and tags" it does say: "To apply a tag to additional items, drag the items to a tag in the sidebar." Dragging and dropping seems much faster and easier.

BTW, what is 1Password 8 desktop? I have windows 10.

• Hello again @BiggyD!

in the "Organize with favorites and tags" it does say: "To apply a tag to additional items, drag the items to a tag in the sidebar." Dragging and dropping seems much faster and easier.

The guide I provided includes two different sections, 1) Organize items on 1Password.com, and 2) Organize items in the apps.

Dragging an item to the tag in the sidebar applies only to the desktop app and not to items being managed/tagged through 1Password.com.

BTW, what is 1Password 8 desktop? I have windows 10.

1password is available for use in a few different places. 1Password.com, the apps (desktop/mobile) and browser extensions. 1Password 8 for Windows is our desktop application for the Windows platform. If you'd like to download this and give it try, you find it on our downloads page here.

I hope this helps, but we'll be here if you need further assistance. Have a great day!

• BiggyD
    BiggyD
    Community Member

Apparently I was using another version of 1Password which was otherwise working fine, but I downloaded 1Password 8 for windows and now it functions like you indicated. Thank you!

• Hi @BiggyD - you're most welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is working as expected after downloading 1Password 8.

If you need anything further, please let us know. We'll be here to help.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.