Only deleting 1P allow us to review the translations of first time execution ?

face
face
Community Member
I'd like to review all the strings that comes up when 1P start for first time.
I need to delete it and reinstall ?
No other workaround ?

i'm using 1P beta as my primary (and only) 1P app (cause i've deleted last stable version) as i love the new app so much (inlove)

Comments

• face
    face
    Community Member
    i've done it ... delete it.
    and before that is necessary to unselect sync services (as dropbox).

just wonder: i don't find anymore the Import from previous version, it's shown only if an old 1P app is found on the device, is it correct ?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    face wrote:

just wonder: i don't find anymore the Import from previous version, it's shown only if an old 1P app is found on the device, is it correct ?

What I found its only shown if you select remove data from phone before a reinstall.
    I am thinking that the remove data option remove entires from the iOS keychain and so forth. Which them shows the import prompt.

Hmm I re read your post and I do have the original app still installed. You may be correct ? I am using a duplicate keychain for testing so I cannot confirm that.
  • Hi guys,

@Face, you don't have to reinstall the app, simply erase the data from Settings > Advanced > Erase data.

After that, open 1Password and sync the data again, it'll import the data with new strings.

I do believe we don't show the Import from Old Version if the app isn't installed but I'll check with the team to make sure this is accurate and get back to you if I'm incorrect about this.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    Erase data don't erase also on Dropbox and iCloud if those sync services are active ???
  • Hi face,

Nope, they only delete your local database on the device, your files in the cloud will not be affected.

Also, I confirmed with the team that Import from Old Version is only shown if you have 1Password 3 for iOS installed.
This discussion has been closed.