Prevent 1Password from attaching to input fields in a form?

Options

How to prevent 1Password from attaching to input field in a form and not show the 1P icon within the field?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6

Comments

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi yurtkuran,

you can try a right-click on the 1P icon (within the input field) and select "1Password => Hide on this page".
    Unfortunately, this setting is not stable. When you quit Safari and/or reopen the page, you need to do the same again.

• Hi @bwadm,

Thanks for helping out.

Hi @yurtkuran,

As @bwadm mentioned, the "Hide on this page" is a workaround for the situation. Currently, there are no settings for the "Hide on this page" option. Closing or refreshing the page won't affect the setting. However, when you quit the Chrome app completely, you will need to reset the option for the page. And this function is only for the exact page you're currently on. If you want to turn 1Password back on, you can follow the same steps and deselect "Hide on this page".

In addition, we can change how 1Password behaves in the browser and have it only prompt when we ask for it. Here are the steps:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under the Autofill section, disable Show autofill menu on field focus.

The steps above will effectively hide the inline menu. Then, when you want to see it, you can click the blue 1Password icon in the field to view suggestions. In addition, you can quickly close the suggestions by clicking the esc key.

We always appreciate the valuable feedback from users like you. I will make sure to pass your voice along to our development team. It is what we need to keep improving 1Password. Thank you!

Let me know if my suggestion above helps with your situation.

This discussion has been closed.