[1P8] bugs found so far

Options
zer0r00t
zer0r00t
Community Member
  1. Cannot seem to remove a tag from an item
  2. Holding backspace to clear out the username field doesn't work. Have to spam the button instead.
  3. Sometimes, after discarding changes on an edit screen and closing, reopening the app will bring back the edit screen. Happens randomly

Comments

• zer0r00t
    zer0r00t
    Community Member
    Options

I love that pinned items can have different tap action per per item. Handy if I want to copy WiFi password but only display bank password in large type without copying. Please don't change this

• zer0r00t
    zer0r00t
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Duplicating an item does not close the vault selection popup, but does create a duplicate successfully. Some kind of visual feedback that the action is successful is important here, I believe
  • revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member
    Options

Kind of a bug for me - once search view was opened recently, going back to it via icon in bottom bar from other screns does not open screen keyboard anymore. It will only open automatically again once app gets cleared from memory.

This is annoying for me, as it makes it hard to use search while using my phone with one hand.

• @zer0r00t, thanks for testing out 1Password 8 and letting us know about these issues!

I can see we have issues open for item 1, 2 and 3 that you mentioned. While we don't have specifics on when a fix will be put out for each issue, work is under way!

I'm glad to hear you enjoy using pinned items! It's a feature I'm already using a fair bit myself. From what I know, it is our intent to retain the option to select different tap actions for each pinned item. So, you should be able to copy your WiFi password and reveal your bank password as needed!

Regarding your 4th item, are you referring to this Choose a Vault popup:

If so, after selecting a vault are you redirected to your list of items with the popup remaining on screen? If that's the case, I'm not seeing the same behavior. Which version of 1Password 8 do you have installed?

@revanmj, thank you as well!

I did some testing with 1Password 8 and I was able to consistently reproduce what you described if I dismissed the keyboard by tapping on the screen or on the keyboard back arrow. Tapping the back arrow in the search bar (or back arrow > search bar), will cause the keyboard to return. Thanks for brining this to our attention!

ref: dev/core/core#15663

• zer0r00t
    zer0r00t
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy I select an item, then tap duplicate. It gives me the list of vaults. I select a vault where I want the duplicate. The duplicate gets created in background but the vault selection screen stays up

• Hi @zer0r00t, thanks for clarifying.

I'm not seeing the same behavior on my device. You can check if there is an update available by searching "1Password 8 beta" in the Google Play Store. If there is an update available, does the error continue after updating?

If there isn't an update available or the error continues, I'd like to ask you to uninstall 1Password 8 then reinstall the app. Please confirm you can sign in on 1Password.com or another 1Password app before uninstalling. Does the error continue after with a fresh install? Thanks again!

• modeler
    modeler
    Community Member
    Options

Sorting parameters do not stick.

For example, first sort logins in a vault by title. After going to a different vault and back again to the first vault, I find the the logins are now sorted by "date modified" "newest first."

• Hey @modeler, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you!

Our developers have tracked down the root of this issue and we hope to have a fix out soon. Thanks again, and let us know if you have any other feedback!

• zer0r00t
    zer0r00t
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm now that the vault selection popup goes away after making a duplicate

• Hi @zer0r00t, glad to hear that! I really appreciate you taking the time to update us. If you run into anything else, let us know!

This discussion has been closed.