Autofill (old method) not prefilling anymore

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi there,

I still prefer the old method to automatically fill in my account name and password.
I once tried the extension in IOS but that was not my thing.

Since few days I experience a change when logging in with the old method.
No big problem :it still works ,but takes a bit longer.
Normally when see the login field of an item, it prefills my account name and password.
It waits for my my approval and logs me in.

Now there is no prefill. I need click on key icon and go into 1 password.
When I am in the 1password the item ( name of account) is on top of the list.
I click on the item and i am in the specific account.

So it works but a sudden longer way.

Did something change with safari 15.5 ?

Regards!
F

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @F_9083x! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing a change in how filling works on your iOS device. There haven't been any recent changes to how filling works from the 1Password end of things. When you say that your username and password were "prefilled" do you mean that the username and password were automatically inserted into the proper fields on the website without you having to tap on a Login suggestion? Or do you mean that you saw a Login suggestion for the correct website appear above your keyboard after tapping on the username/password field on a website that you could tap to fill in your login information?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi,

I remember to have seen 1 of both options in the last 2 years when logging in.
    Now I see NOTHING (no suggestion and only the word password in the bar) and have to enter 1password.and search for the login item (asdescribed)
    Only the word “
    As far i can see my settings are right….they are like this

Not a real problem but the way it was before was a smoother approach.

Regards,

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

A little miracle happened. I checked a setting in ios app of 1 password.
    In the settings of 1 password is a tab called “password automatic ….”” Show usernames and websites””
    This setting was on and is on …..

Suddenly out nothing there was a message that something ws updated….again without changing anything in the settings.
    From now the autofilling is working and the problem is solved

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited June 2022

Hope can you see what probably fixed the issue….
    The login item is more than 1 year old. No idea why an update was needed

• @F_9083x

I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue, thank you for sharing what ended up working for you. 😊

-Dave

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi 1password,

I experience the same isssue in 1pw8
    When logging in with my username an icon of an key is visible that shows me the suggested login item. (When I click it)
    Not a huge problem but rather annoying
    This time I cannot solve it because 1pw8 is different from 1pw7. My previous wat to solve this issue is not present in 1pw8
    Any idea💡

• ThisPete
    ThisPete
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

I hope the 1Password team addresses this for you. I am having the same problem with this new upgrade. Used to be so easy to use 1Password on my iPhone. It would auto fill the username and password for all my apps for which I had entered that information in 1Password. Now, with his upgrade, nothing. Instead, for every app I want to open on my iPhone, I have to go back into 1Password every time to find the username and the password for that app. Cumbersome and time-consuming. Besides that, the auto fill instructions given inside the 1Password app don’t even acknowledge that you would be using the 1Password app on the phone. Instead the instructions are just for a desktop:

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2022

@ThisPete

Those are the instructions for the iPhone/iPad. You'll need to enable 1Password in (iOS) Settings > Passwords (Password Options iOS 16) - Turn on Autofill - Select 1Password for autofill to work. Sounds like you might be expecting the option to be within 1Password. Please let me know more.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi Tommy,

Settings in IOS are like this…What could be reason for the inconvenient behaviour that reappears in 1pw8 ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

This discussion has been closed.