Crypto Wallets

Zaka7
Zaka7
Community Member

Hi guys,

Could you add it so that when I load a crypto wallet and need my password, the autofill option when I click 'passwords' shows crypto wallets.

At the moment on apps like metamask it does not. So I have to open 1 password copy and move back to the app.

Not the most hardship in the world, but knowing how much quicker it can be makes it a little irritating :) Especially as I sign out of these apps regularly for obvious reasons.

Cheers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Zaka_7! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! Do I understand correctly that you have a Crypto Wallet item with a saved password and you would like to be able to fill that password into iOS apps like MetaMask? At the moment usernames and passwords can be filled only from Login items but we do have a feature request open to make other types of items fillable and I've added your feedback to an internal work item for the feature so that our product team is aware that this is something that you'd like to see.

In the meantime, you can create a Login item for MetaMask (alongside your existing Crypto Wallet item) and save your password there and it will be suggested in the app. I know that it's not an elegant solution and hopefully we can make this more intuitive in the future.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I misunderstood the issue. 😊

ref: PSS-I-48

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

Thank you @Dave_1P . I'll wait for this new feature to avoid duplication :) I'm too OCD for that :)

But yes that's the crux of it is I would love to be able to select a password from the search, not expecting it to autofill, but currently passwords and wallets don't even show up in search, only the log ins.

• @Zaka_7

Thank you again for the suggestion! While I can't make any promises or when (or if) such a change would be made, our developers will consider it as they are looking into new features to add to future versions of 1Password. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.