"New Login" e-mail notification

Options
ich
ich
Community Member
edited May 2022 in iOS

I sometimes get 5 emails a day that I have logged in via Safari, often in short succession. I delete my cache regularly, but e.g. the last 3 came right after each other, although I didn't use any other device or similar (And no, these are not unauthorized logins, IP fits ;) ).
Example: i cleared the cache just before 11:00pm and got 3 notifications immediately:
May 26, 2022 at 11:00pm CEST
May 26, 2022 at 11:00pm CEST
May 26, 2022 at 11:01pm CEST

Is there any way to reduce the number of e-mails or even turn them off completely? Because that doesn't provide any additional security, on the contrary, after the 10th e-mail I just think "not again" and delete it unread.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios15.5

Comments

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I read that deleting your cache will always resort in having to open the app with your password, resulting in a notification email for new log in. Getting 3 immediate messages as you did was probably a glitch on their end. When I clear my browser I’ve only gotten one, so far. Even that one is somewhat annoying.

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello @ich! 👋

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. You may see multiple sign-in emails if you're using the new 1Password for Safari extension on either an iPhone or iPad. This is an issue that our developers are investigating and hope to resolve in the future.

Are you still seeing multiple emails per day or have things quieted down? I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

ref: dev/core/core#10342

• ich
    ich
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    Yes it did! I don’t remember when but it stopped rom one day to the next.

• @ich

I'm happy to hear that the issue is no longer occurring. 😊

This discussion has been closed.