secure note text field does not expand

Options
jeffbezos
jeffbezos
Community Member

I have a secure note that holds my past addresses.

Note the "seattle 2" entry. The zip code is cut off and replaced with the elipsis [...] symbols.

I would prefer all the data to be displayed with wraparound text. The "Seattle 3" entry shows a multi-line entry with no issues.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @jeffbezos:

Was your "seattle 2" entry created somewhat previously? We recently changed text fields to be multiple lines by default, but that change only applies to new text fields, and wouldn't have affected any fields that were created prior to the change.

Creating a new text field in 1Password 8 should get that entry shown as multiple lines. Additionally, it's possible to add the Address field type to a secure note, so if you'd prefer to store your address in a formatted way, you could add multiple addresses to a Secure Note that way. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• jeffbezos
    jeffbezos
    Community Member
    Options

yes that's right! the Seattle 2 entry was created a couple months ago.

I tried your suggestion and ran into a new issue. I can't re-arrange the order of the text fields of this note. Now Seattle 2 is below Seattle 3.

• Hey @jeffbezos:

It currently isn't possible to reorder fields or sections in 1Password 8, but I know it's something that's been asked for. I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-372

This discussion has been closed.