Unlock with Apple Watch

Options
JayBeavers
JayBeavers
Community Member

I am unable to use Unlock with Apple Watch on my Mac Studio running 12.4 with 1Password 8.7.1. I have followed the instructions and I am able to unlock my Mac with my Apple Watch. There is no mention of Apple Watch on 1Password -> Preferences -> Security.

Apple Watch Version 4.3.2 Model A1554 (I think it's a first gen).

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Laura_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @JayBeavers!

So sorry for the trouble. Does this only occur with 1Password, or with any other apps?

Have you been able to unlock it in the past, or has it never worked with 1Password 8?

• JayBeavers
    JayBeavers
    Community Member
    Options

I have never tried to unlock 1Password with an Apple Watch on OSX. Generally I have TouchId on a Macbook, but I've recently started using a Mac Studio with no Touch Id enabled keyboard so I was investigating using Apple Watch with it instead.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@JayBeavers

I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to unlock 1Password 8 using your Apple Watch. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.