First Ctrl-period in Firefox gives me a spinny wheel; second one works

Used to be that Ctrl-period would always pop up the browser extension dialog box asking for my master password.
Over the last few weeks, it (almost?) always fails on the first try - I'll get a spinny wheel indefinitely, and no password dialog box.
Hit Escape, hit Ctrl-period again, and I can enter my password and use my vaults.

Anyone else seeing this?
Firefox 100.0.1, 1Password Extension 2.3.3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Win10

Comments

• Hey @kaltorak:

That definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have. Are you still running into this? Let me know!

Jack

• kaltorak
    kaltorak
    Community Member

Yep, this continues to happen. It's not perfectly reproducible, and could be as simple as I'm not waiting long enough between opening Firefox and trying to open 1Password - but it does continue to happen.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kaltorak! Thanks for following up 🙂

It's odd for sure that the behaviour is inconsistent like that. Could you try clearing the cache and re-installing 1Password to see if things behave differently?

1. Clear your Firefox cache by following the instructions posted at this link -> Clear Firefox Cache.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon on your Firefox toolbar > Remove Extension.
    3. Install the newest version of 1Password from this link -> 1Password extension - Firefox
    4. Close and Open Firefox
    5. Try 1Password again.

Also, just a quick question - do you use the 1Password app as well? Or just the browser extension on its own?

Let me know!

This discussion has been closed.