Remove/hide browser context menu

Hi, is there any way I can remove or hide the 1Password browser context menu when I right-click on any page? This is 'extremely' annoying as I have no use for those features in the context menu, and now it pops up on every page. As much as I like having new features, this feels like I'm being forced to look at that menu even though I don't want to.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @shahedurrahman !

Actually, there is at least one function that is available in this context menu only, as you can read here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/123712/remove-1password-from-chrome-context-menu

• shahedurrahman
    shahedurrahman
    Community Member

Hi DenalB,

But, how can I remove it? How does forcing a notable interface addition without any settings to turn it off, and which some users may never use is justified from a UX perspective? I believe UX is a big part of 1Password and this doesn't go well with that.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Actually, there is no possibility to turn it off.

• shahedurrahman
    shahedurrahman
    Community Member

Thanks for this awesome "I don't want to listen to the customer" response!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Sorry, I‘m only a customer like you are and only wanted to help… :cry:

• @shahedurrahman

Our friend @DenalB is right, there's currently no option to hide the right-click context menu. I'll be happy to share your request for this feature with our development team. We appreciate your feedback.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#929

• shahedurrahman
    shahedurrahman
    Community Member

Hi @DenalB, I'm extremely sorry, I thought you're representing 1Password, this is literally my first post ever here! Appreciate your time and effort 🙌

Thanks @ag_chantelle
    To be honest, this has been an eyesore for me every time I use the context menu for anything. Hope you seriously consider adding an option to hide this.

• @shahedurrahman

Of course, we take your feedback very seriously and will ensure this gets in our development team's radar. :+1:

• izerozlu
    izerozlu
    Community Member

Hey there, I wanted to leave a +1 for this "option to turn context menu item off".

So, +1 :smile:

• Hey @izerozlu:

I've added your feedback as well! :smile:

Jack

• izerozlu
    izerozlu
    Community Member

@jack.platten

Thanks!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

This appears to be something the browser is doing. If I right-click outside of Chrome, I don't see it. If I do it in a Chrome window, I see it, as well as a few other extensions in my browser. May not be something 1Password can control, but I may be wrong.

• Hello @ajahn,

Thank you for the screenshot. You are right. Since "1Password - Password Manager" lives and works directly on a browser, you can only find it in the browser's contextual menu.

• shahedurrahman
    shahedurrahman
    Community Member

Hi @Nhat_Nguyen,

Any plan to implement a setting/option to turn off this context menu? Thanks

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shahedurrahman, we don't have a timeline or plans set in stone just yet. However, we've created a ticket about this for our developers. I've added you to it as well. Hopefully they will consider adding this feature in future versions of the extension.

• shahedurrahman
    shahedurrahman
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P, I'm very glad to hear that. Hope this is implemented soon 🤞 Thank you.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@shahedurrahman You are welcome :)

• front
    front
    Community Member

+1

• dangh
    dangh
    Community Member

I would love an option to turn off the context menu entry too. 1password should have context menu in input field where it useful.

There's another one in Firefox tab context menu.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2022

Hi @front and @dangh - Thanks for raising your vote of support for this feature. I'm sorry I don't have any specific updates to share at this time, but I've added your voice and support on the issue we have open for this.

Take care! 🙂

ref: dev/core/core#10436

This discussion has been closed.