Safari extension automatically scrolls to top after scrolling down in popover window

Options
jackbrewster
jackbrewster
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm having problems scrolling in the Safari extension window. After I scroll down in the extension window, the window automatically scrolls back to the top. I end up having to open the main 1P window to access information that is outside of the default window region. Please see attached gif for an example of the behavior.

This happens when I use either my scroll-wheel mouse or my MBP trackpad.

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• deconvolved
    deconvolved
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing this same issue. I have restarted the browser and uninstalled/reinstalled 1Password for Safari with no change in behavior. I have version 2.3.5 installed, and I am using the latest versions of Safari and macOS.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jackbrewster and @deconvolved - Thanks for bringing this up to us. 🙂

Our development team is aware of the issue, and is working on a fix to address this behaviour. I've added your voices in support of this fix. I know this one is a bit on the annoying side, and I apologize for any interruption in your workflow.

In the meantime, one workaround is to use the Quick Access menu. If you're not familiar with this new feature, here are some steps with the flow:

1. Press ⇧⌘Space (Shift-Command-Space) to bring up Quick Access.
    2. If the item you need isn't suggested, search for it.
    3. Press Enter on the item to Open and Fill.
    4. Alternatively with the manual way, Press ⌘C (Command-C) to copy the username, ⇧⌘C (Shift-Command-C) to copy the password, or ⌥⌘C (Option-Command-C) to copy a one-time password, if present.
    5. Select the suitable field and press ⌘V (Command-V) to paste.

Let me know if that helps. Cheers!

ref: dev/core/core#15705

This discussion has been closed.