Saving Security Questions

I like the suggestion of using a secure answer to a security question, instead of the "true" answer. When a website asks "What is your favorite color", I don't say "blue" (or is it yellow?), I use the long, complicated one I generated. But I would like a better way to keep them. I saw in your blog that keeping them in the Notes was suggested. I have another idea.

For each login, we keep several items, like login, passwords, and other filled in fields from the logon page. They are identified by a "username", "password", or "none" designation. Would it be possible to add a new designation for "question"? On my iDevices I will be able to find them easily via the globe button. Autofill should know not to use the "question" types, but at least they would be handy. The name field would be the question, eg "what is your shoe size", and the value would be the long, complicated response.

I still want a way to export these questions/responses, but I guess that is a question for another day.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Rob,

We are looking at some different options for the future, but I can't provide any details right now. I think what we're working on will be helpful to you, though.

As for exporting, you can export your data at any time by selecting File > Export from the menu bar. There are several different options including standard CSV.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member
    I do use the File>Export often. Unfortunately, it does not export the generated passwords, which is where my questions/responses live.

Thanks for the update, and I look forward to your new options.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The Generated Passwords section is intended as a safety net. Please make sure you are recording any security questions in the Notes section of the Login with which they are associated.

We have a blog post that goes into more detail:

Blizzard and insecurity questions: My father’s middle name is vR2Ut1VNj

Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.